The class groaned again. "Now, now. Don't worry, because for this project and this project only, I will allow you to choose your own partner--"

The class broke out in cheers and some let out relieved sighs. "But," she continued again, "please be wise and choose a reliable partner. Your grade depends on it."

And with that, she allowed the class to get up and move around to find their partners. Of course, barely anyone took her words seriously so many just met up with their friends. I sat at my desk, looking around for someone who didn't have a partner. It was something I always did when there's a partner thing involved. Just then, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to find Calum. "Oh hey," I smiled.

"Hey, I was wondering if we could--"

"BROOKLYN!!!"

Calum was interrupted mid-sentence and both of our attention shifted to the girl who appeared in front of my desk. "You're smart! Let's be partners!" she exclaimed, grabbing my arm.

I looked between her and Calum. Then, I gently pried her grip off my arm. "Sorry Susie, I already have a partner," I shrugged as she frowned, moving somewhere else.

"Wait...so are we partners or did you only say that so she could go away?" he asked.

I laughed, "We're partners...unless, you changed your mind and don't want to?"

His eyes quickly widened, "No, of course not!"

"Class! I forgot to tell you guys that once you've found your partners, please move next to him or her. That'll be your new seats." Mrs. Gomez notified.

I smiled at him and patted the empty seat next to me. He returned the smile and moved his things over to the seat next to me.

Class ended and everyone started to leave. Calum was one of the first to leave since he didn't have a lot of things to pack up. I stuffed the last material into my backpack and made my way towards the exit, being one of the last ones to actually leave the room.

As soon as I stepped foot outside, I was pulled aside. I stumbled a bit before looking up. Calum stood there, holding both my arms to help me regain my balance.

"Oh, I thought you would be at the lunch line by now," I admitted as I held onto my backpack strap.

"And leave you behind? No way," he smirked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Aw, how sweet of you," I teased as he playfully rolled his eyes.

Together, we walked to my locker and then to his. As I waited for him, he reached into his locker and pulled out something wrapped in plastic and threw it at me. Not paying attention, I jumped, startled as it hit my head and fell onto the floor. I bent down and picked up the item wrapped in plastic.

Looking up, I found him laughing his butt off. "Oh my god, you should've seen your face!" he managed to say through his laughter. "Sorry...not sorry!"

Embarrassed, I blushed furiously. Since his eyes were squeezed shut from laughing so hard, I took that chance to chuck the item back at his face. He immediately stopped laughing and bent down to pick the plastic-wrapped item up. Now, it was my turn to laugh.

"AHAHAHA OH MY GOD," I laughed aloud as he tried to hide his obvious smirk.

Slowly, his smirk disappeared. Glaring at me, he lowly spoke, "You're gonna pay for that..."

My laughter started to die out as an evil smirk began to grow on his face. "Uh oh" were my last words before I took off running away from him. As soon as I started running, I could hear his footsteps close behind me.