"Hi." I gently smiled at her and was about to unintentionally distance myself from Jungwon, when he grabbed onto my arm.

My eyes widening, I looked at him. "What?" I mouthed, but he just shook his head and pulled me back closer to him.

A blush on his cheeks, as he turned away.

He was acting different. Unusual. In any case I would have blushed as well, become flustered and maybe stuttered over my words, when it hit me.

I see.
A bitter smile playing my lips.

Of course it was because of Sangmi.

"Why didn't you text me back?" The girl asked me, raising an eyebrow at Jungwon's unusual behaviour, but eventually turning to me.

"My phone broke." I answered and nodded.

Before the conversation could continue, Dongsoo suddenly walked between me and Jungwon, forcing us apart and put both his arms on his hips with a grin on his face.

"Anyone in for the best one?" The boy smirked, pointing towards one of the most high up rides in the whole park.

Well shit.

Hesitantly, I tried to convince them to try another one, "This doesn't look fun at all-"
"Yes Yes Yes!" Sangmi cheered and already walked towards the big rollercoaster.

I gulped, trying to shake off the fear that was starting to spread inside me.

"Aren't you afraid of heights?" Jungwon suddenly asked, making my eyes widen, thinking that he meant me.

But he didn't.
He was talking to Sangmi.

"It's been 3 years, I grew up Jungwon." She smiled at him, as he turned away, avoiding her gaze.

I looked down for the 100th time that day.

From that on, all kind of determination and courage left my body just like that, as much as I wanted to keep going.

I didn't want to give up.

But it was getting harder and harder the more I saw them spent time together.

The jealousy was consuming me and I hated every bit of it.

I wasn't even sure at this point. Was it really jealousy? Or was it the mere insecurity that had been tormenting from the very start, no matter how much I wanted to deny it?

"Let's go." Jungwon suddenly spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts before he grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the big rollercoaster, that was already smiling at me mischievously.

I gulped once again.

"This is going to be fun. Don't you think?" He asked me, slightly leaning down to me, so he could understand my answer better. Many people were already sitting on the roller coaster, laughing and screaming in anticipation.

"Y-yeah." I smiled weakly and turned away.

And that's how the two of us sat next to each other in a narrow wagon, while the worker started fastening our seatbelts.

"Jungwon-"
I turned to him but he was busy staring at someone else.

"Jungwon?" Again, I tried to get his attention. My stomach turning from fear when the wagon started to move upwards.

But even when speaking to me, his eyes were focused somewhere else.
His heart too.

"I'm really worried about Sangmi." He started, looking down to his hands, "She used to be so scared of heights-"

"You know what?" I snapped unintentionally, interrupting him as finally he turned to me, raising an eyebrow. My voice sounded almost irritated as I looked at him seriously.

For the first time that day he was looking at me. Only me.

"I am afraid of heights too." I confessed still looking into his eyes intensely, as I felt Jungwon's presence tensing next to me.

"What?!" Jungwon exclaimed shocked, staring at me in disbelief.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His eyes were wide open and I could feel the roller coaster reaching its peak.

There was no turning back.

"Because..because I just wanted to-" I stuttered out, but abruptly stopped when the announcer's voice set the countdown for the roller coaster to rush down the lane.

10...9..

"Because you wanted to do what?!" Jungwon worriedly asked, turning his head ahead.

8...7....6...

His hand still holding mine tightly.

5...4...

"Because you wanted to try out this one!" I shut my eyes close.

3...2...

Jungwon scoffed, not understanding the girl next to him at all. "But I wouldn't have wanted this if I knew you were scared!"

1..

"It doesn't matter anymore!" I put on a smile on my face and let the adrenaline shot through my veins as I let go of Jungwon's hand.

And that's when the roller coaster raced down its lane in almost seconds, leaving all of us a screaming mess.

eunji's p.o.v end