021: disbelief

"I will count to ten and the both of us will run, alright?" Jungwon mumbled, tightening his grip around the girl's hand as he slightly gritted his teeth.

Eunji was concerned, sideeying the boy with a sigh escaping her lips. She knew.

The sight of Sangmi with her boyfriend never was especially pleasing to him, so he wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"What?" Eunji mumbled back, not knowing what to do and thinking that Jungwon was joking.

He wasn't.

Was fate playing games with Eunji?
Why now? Now that she mustered enough courage to ask Jungwon to go to the amusement park with her, so she could finally break that curse of hers, Sangmi had to show up.

Everytime life was going too well, Jungwon's first love was there to ruin it. By accident or intentional.

It was ridiculous at this point.

Life was doing everything to prevent her from achieving exactly what she needed to and she slowly grew sick of it.

"Hi you guys!" Sangmi waved once again, making Eunji put on a bitter smile, as she pulled Jungwon with her.

If fate wanted to play games with her, she wanted to at least win.

"Wait, Eunji-" Jungwon tried to pull away, but it was too late.
Sangmi already stood in front of him.

The tension was high.
Both, Jungwon and Sangmi's boyfriend were looking at each other almost fiercely, as Sangmi smiled innocently at her former childhood friend.

"You guys are here too? What a coincidence." Sangmi's boyfriend with the name Dongsoo spoke almost cockily.

"Nice to finally meet you." Jungwon glanced at him bluntly, not returning the smile.

"Do you guys want to go together? I think it will be a lot more fun." Sangmi suggested, when Eunji's eyes widened.

That was not part of her plan.

Eunji hesitated, "I think it will be better if-"
"Sure, why not?" Jungwon interrupted the girl next to him.

He was still holding her hand tightly and somehow stood now closer to Eunji, before he took another step forward towards the couple.
"I mean only if you aren't afraid of heights or anything? We are planning to try out the best ones." Jungwon provoked as he tilted his head nonchalantly.

Wow, jackpot. The girl next to him thought.
Eunji on the other hand looked down, already feeling nervous. Her gaze was directed to the ground, her lips pursed.

"Of course not." Dongsoo smiled and put his arm around Sangmi, "Let's go, shall we?"

eunji's p.o.v

I gently let go of Jungwon's hand as he gave me a confused expression.

This whole time he had been holding my hands that it almost seemed like we were a couple. And because Sangmi was here, it felt wrong, remembering the talk they had back then in the classroom.

I could feel Jungwon staring at me for a little while, but I decided to ignore him swiftly, keeping my gaze everywhere that was not him.

I wasn't happy with this situation at all.
Of course, there was no reason for me to be angry and Sangmi didn't do anything wrong either, so why did I have to feel this way?

"Eunji!" Sangmi took this as an opportunity to approach me, before she let go of her boyfriend's arm and went to me.

Sangmi looked pretty in her padding jacket and hat.
Not that she ever didn't look pretty.