"Ve," Artery nudged her.

"I don't think this is a good idea."

"Why not?"

"We will hurt Dada and Mommy's feeling. We'll make them feel like they are not enough. What good will it do anyway?"

"Look, I don't mean anything mean, alright? I'm just curious. I only want to see this. . .this man." He hesitantly said. "It doesn't mean I want him in my life or anything. Dada and Mommy don't have to know."

"How are we going to do that?"

"You're the brain." He stated as a matter of fact. "You figure it out."

Venous bit her lower lip. Technically, it was possible. She could do it easily. She looked up and locked eyes with Artery. They both shared the same agreement. Now, there was only one thing left to do.

Artery and Venous turned to Aorta. The oldest lifted up his face as he felt eyes on him.

"What?"

"Well?" The two pressed.

"What?"

"We need you to vote. Are you in favor? Or..."

"Why does it matter? You two already decide the same thing."

"Your vote is worth five than ours." Venous said before she drank the rest of the water in her glass.

"Why?"

"You're the boss!" The two shouted simultaneously. They were annoyed because Aorta kept asking rhetorical question.

"If you say no then we'll abort this mission. We can go ahead only with your approval." Artery explained for the clueless Aorta.

"Because my vote is worth five time than yours?" He narrowed his eyes suspiciously. The other two nodded easily but very seriously. "Does it apply all the time?"

"Of course!"

"Then how come I always lose and the two of you always get away?"

"Because Venous is very persuasive and I... well, you have a very soft spot for me, so..."

Aorta blinked rapidly. All this time he thought that they were equal. Voting was always worth the same. Venous and Artery gave him this power without him realizing.

"Why are you so surprise? Look Aorta, when it comes to big decision, we rely on you because you're our captain. We only get what we want in something trivial." Venous stood up and brought her plate to the sink.

"So what do you say, captain?"

"I say... no." He shook his head. "What we have now is amazing. I don't want to risk it and cause a problem. Venous is right. We'll hurt Dada and Mommy's feeling because of this. They're the best parents anyone could ask for. We don't need to know. Curiosity is okay, Artery. I have thought about this briefly before but that's that. I don't think we should do anything about it. If Dada and Mommy talk about this then maybe we'll know but if they never bring it up then we shall not question it."

"Cool." Artery nodded understandingly. "Case closed."

"Deal." Venous commented. She glanced at the clock then flicked her tongue. "Artery, you're up for dishes today. Do it quickly so we can video call Dada and Mommy."

"Wanna change that schedule, Aorta?"

"I made that schedule. You're doing it."

Aorta left the plate on the table making Artery groaned.

---

Twelve years later.