CHAPTER 18

After Miyu told them the truth Iwaizumi spend his free time during class watching Oikawa and being impressed how good her acting is.

He watched Oikawa while typing a paragraph in her laptop for their group activity. They're in the same group with Matsukawa and Hamanaki who is obviously watching Iwaizumi stare at her but the girl is too busy to finish what she's doing.

If this happened before they're sure Oikawa can't stop herself in flirting with Iwaizumi and she won't be able to focus, but it's like the table turned 360, she's too focus that she didn't even notice Iwaizumi is watching her.

"We're almost done. Do you still have something you want include here?" Oikawa asked they while still busy typing.

"You already write all that we wanted to say." Hamanaki said.

"Okay.. I'll just do the minor revisions tonight and send you a copy." Oikawa said and close the file before she prepare her bag. Iwaizumi saw that her wallpaper is Ushijima and Oikawa together. If he didn't know that they're fake dating he might be jealous of how flawless their relationship is, but he knows the truth.

When the bell rings Oikawa is done fixing her things so she stood up to walk out of the room.

"See you tomorrow!" She said and left.

Iwaizumi took his bag and run after her leaving Hamanaki and Matsukawa. He walk behind Oikawa and started inviting her to hang out for no reason, like how she used to invite him before.

"Oikawa! Do you have plan today? maybe you want to— "

"Sorry what?" Oikawa said and look back at him. That's when he saw she's wearing an earphone and currently in video call with Ushijima.

"I was trying to invite you, maybe we can grab something to eat—"

"Ah, I'm sorry Ushiwaka is waiting for me. We promised to play with Takeru today." She said, he don't know what else to say so he just said. "Okay"

After Oikawa left that's when realization hits him. They're fake dating but they spend time with the family she's that desperate to get his attention? And make their dating look so real?

Iwaizumi decided to follow her and see if they're really in that level of spending time with the family. He saw how excited Oikawa is while walking home. And when they got to the intersection where he they usually separate ways on their way home Ushijima is really there waiting.

"Waka baby! Did you wait long?" He heard Oikawa said as she run to Ushijima.

"Not really. Let's go?"

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes while watching the two. They're such an eyesore to him. He know the 'annoying Oikawa' but he didn't know the 'sweet and caring Oikawa'.

"I heard coach Washijo is currently  preparing for training camp for the first years. And they invited that tall glasses guy from Karasuno with Kunimi and Kindaichi from Seijoh-" Oikawa said while walking away with Ushijima. When he can't see them anymore that's when he started walking home. 

The next day Oikawa is in good mood because she had fun yesterday with Ushijima and Takeru. After seeing Sara and Miyu together entering the school gate she run to greet the two.

"Miyu chan! Sara! "

"H-hi" Sara greet her and avoid making an eye contact. Oikawa find it unusual especially that Miyu is not even at her 50% energy after seeing her. The girl never fails to jump in glee very time they see each other but now she's hiding behind Sara.

"Miyu chan, are you okay? Your quiet today." she said with a hint of concern.

"I-I'm fine.." Miyu said to her Oikawa find it suspicious so she gazed at her intently. Miyu stared back at her so she tilt her head and smile as if asking why. She even saw how Miyu flinch and grab the hem of Sara's blazer like she's getting nervous.

"O-oikwa senpai.. Sorry.." Miyu mumbled. She don't know what she mean by that but Oikawa suddenly felt nervous for some reason. She patiently waiting for explanation when Sara started talking.

"Iwaizumi san found out that you're fake dating Ushijima to get noticed..?"

"H-how did he-"

"I'm so sorry Oikawa seinpai! it's not my intention to. I swear! I just want to help.. but I ruined everything" 

Oikawa drag the two to the roof top and ask them what exactly happened. The only person who know her plan is Sara and she's shocked to know that Sara accidentally mentioned it to Miyu, of all people! She's completely aware that the kid can't stop herself from spilling the tea in a certain situations and that's what happened! 

"Miyuuu!" Oikawa cried and started walking back and fort trying to thing nervously.

"Oikawa senpai it's okay! Iwaizumi san is asking me about you before he even know. he's starting to like you! or maybe he already likes you-"

"But I don't like him anymore, I have a boyfriend. I don't think my Waka baby knows why I asked him to date me in the first place." she said and sit on the ground. Sara looked at Miyu to see her reaction to this and start to feel bad when she saw how guilty she looked like.

"Okay girls! first things first what did you say for Ushijima to date you." Sara asked Oikawa who is currently stressed out.

"I don't really remember but I just told him I have a business proposal some kind of agreement. We will date in return I'll spend time with him since he want's me to set for him. He even told me I should have come to Shiratorizawa, he's cute" Sara and Miyu looked at each other before they looked at her as if she just said the most outrageous thing and they're judging her whole being.

"Now I'm convinced you're both airhead." Sara 

"Does that mean the real score is clear on Ushijima san's side?" Miyu asked Sara

"Good question. Captain, is it?"

Oikawa looked from left to right trying to find the right words to say.

Ushijima never asked her why she want them to pretend so she's sure he don't know that it's to get Iwaizumi's attention. She honestly don't know if Ushijima knows that they're just pretending.

Oikawa slowly shook her head as an answer to Sara and Miyu. " I don't know." This earn different reaction from the two. Sara is displeased with her answer and Miyu stared in blank space while fidgeting.

"I heard Ushijima san is a bit oblivious, so it's safe to say that it's not clear to him." Miyu

"Then my Waka baby don't need to know! I mean I'm dating him for real now and.. and I like -" before she even get to finished what she's saying Sara cut her off.

"No! Captain if your dating him for real now, tell him. Tell him why you asked him to date you and make things clear." Sara said to her firmly.

That is the only thing that Sara can say to her to avoid more misunderstanding between them. 

 👑👑👑

Our Tooru chan is stressed out 🤦‍♀️