CHAPTER 7

The next morning it's still dark outside when Oikawa woke up with her mother knocking on the door.

She groan and looked at her mom who is holding her baggage bag ready to go.

"Tooru chan, I have to go now your father will meet me in — honey, you don't look good." She suddenly said and sit on her bed to check on her.

Her throat hurts and her body feels heavy.

"I'm okay mom. You should go now please say hi to dad for me" she said and closed her eyes. Her father is working in Tokyo but they spend time together when they got the chance.

"Tooru I can't leave you like this. I'll call your dad to tell him we can't meet today."

"Mom we don't know when you will meet again. Just go, I can take care of myself or I will call Sara." She said.

Her mom look at her before she went out to get the thermometer.

"I'll take your temperature first."

After taking her temperature she went downstairs with her mom to see her off. The fever is not that high so she convinced her mom to go.

"Drink medicine okay? And call Sara." Her mom said before she left.

Oikawa lay on the couch before she texted Sara her address and ask if she can come.

Morning, I know it's too early but I have a fever and my mom was out for something. Can you stay with me today?
Here's my address ****

When she woke up the sun is up. It's already 7 am she looked at her phone to see if she missed a call from Sara but it's from Ushijima. She even have messages from him.

I'm on my way now.

Do you have food and medicine?

I'm here outside.

Oikawa run to the door and look outside if he's still there. The message was sent 20 minutes ago so he's probably still outside.

"Ushiwaka?" She called him with hoarse voice.

"Oikawa."

"What are you doing here? How did you know?" She asked and run to the gate.

"You texted me." He said and show her his phone.

Oikawa mentally face palm herself when she realize she sent the message to Ushijima instead of Sara.

"I bought food and medicine." He said and show her the plastic bag

"Thanks?" She said. She know she will look so rude if she take the medicine and food and tell him to leave.

She awkwardly point at the house.

"Let's go inside?"

"Yes, we should get inside." He said and point at her legs.

She's still wearing a big shirt exposing her thighs.

"Oh don't worry I'm wearing a sho — " she stop mid sentence when she felt that she's not wearing a short underneath. " —panty.."

Ushijima felt his ears burning.

"Get inside!" He made held her shoulders and gently push her inside the house.

When they got inside Oikawa guided him to the kitchen and prepare the food together. They're both quiet but Uhijima thinks it comfortable. Whenever he's alone with someone he feels like he need to start a conversation but he can't. But here, he feels like it's okay if he don't speak and that Oikawa doesn't really mind it.

Oikawa watched his back while he moves from the kitchen island. Seeing how he prepare the food for her makes her think if Ushijima is really someone who don't care or maybe he's just awkward.

"You should eat before taking your medicine." Ushijima said to her and gave her a bowl of porridge.

"Thanks." she said and started eating " You know what Ushiwaka, you're not that bad." he said trying to tease him. But guess it's not working since Ushijima maintain his stoic expression like it's nothing.

"At least be flattered, I'm praising you here." she said without knowing that Ushijima is actually happy hearing it from her.

"I am happy."

"Show it" she challenge him. Oikawa saw how he start looking from left to right as if he don't know how to express himself.

"I'm just kidding. No pressure." she feels bad after seeing that. "You know I don't really like you before we met in person. Your always like this -" she tried to imitate his stoic face.

"Like that and I think your so proud of your skills, your team and your school and yet you don't like it when other people act like they're good or better that you and act proud like you do, where's the logic right? " she said being honest.

"But we are good. We represent Miyagi Prefecture in Nationals."

"Yes,I'll give you that. But that doesn't mean mean you will always represent Miyagi. Who know's maybe Iwa chan will win this time or other school. You can't be at the top for a lifetime." she said and eat again.

"What?" she suddenly asked when she saw him starring at her but Ushijima just smiled at her.

"Nothing. Drink your medicine and take a rest."

After eating and taking her medicine Oikawa felt a lot better. Instead of sleeping she decided to look for something to buy online. From makeup to skincare and clothes until she saw costumes. She know Halloween is still far but she can buy some for picture taking purposes.

When she's about to check out she remember her mom got mad the last time her parcel came.

"Ushiwaka? Can you receive my parcel for me? I'll pay for it but I'll put your address instead?" She asked him while still in the living area laying on the couch.

"Okay. It's not a big deal anyways" he said while washing the dishes.

"Thanks! I'll get it when I have time."

When Ushijima is done with the dishes he sit on the floor beside the couch and check her temperature before he started talking about the practice that they will have.

"You mean, your coach agreed to have me as your setter?" Her eyes widened. Coach Washijo is strict and she can sense he don't like her.

"Yes. He said it's okay and that he look forward to it. He acknowledge your skills as a setter and he said he wanted to see how we will work together." Ushijima said.

Oikawa, without knowing is staring at him while he talks. Since Ushijima is not good at people he don't talk too much but seeing him talk this close is kind of hypnotizing.

She thinks it's nice to see his lips move in every word he said.

"Know what Ushiwaka. You should talk more. You're voice is nice." She said.

"Is it? But what should I talk about?"

"Anything. Just talk."

Ushijima talk about random things like volleyball, his team mates, their coach and his experience as Japan Representative where Oikawa will just hummed to let him know she's still listening, but he stop talking when he saw Oikawa is already sleeping.

👑👑👑