𝟎𝟎𝟐: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐬

—

Sam biked over to Max's house early in the morning.

Max had agreed to help teach Sam some skateboard tricks the night before, and now that's exactly what they were going to do.

"Okay, so turn your foot more to the right, okay, good. Now—"

Sam jumped up on the board, aiming to flip the board at the same time but it rolled away.

"Shit!" Sam cursed as she stumbled on the ground.

The board rolled and rolled until a certain foot kicked it up and grabbed it.

It was El.

Sam and El were close, sister close. But El never usually had 'girl' time with Max and Sam.

Sam always thought that Max was intimidating to El or El just rather spend time with Mike. So it was surprising that Eleven came to join their fun.

"Hi... El?" Sam greeted her with confusion.

El handed the board back to Max, "Hi."

Max was also clueless, "Hi?"

El looked down at her feet, softly speaking, "Can we talk?"

"And then he said he— he missed me? And then he just hung up." El finishes her story about what happened today, the girl sat on Max's bed as the two other girls paced around the room.

Sam had told Max about what happened with her and Mike, so Max was pretty much on protective best friend mode whenever he was mentioned.

"He's a piece of shit." Sam says, speaking her mind.

"What?"

Max agrees, joining in, "Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick."

Sam nods, "I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now."

"But friends don't lie..." El mentions.

Oh El, sweet, sweet, naive El.

Max stands in front of El, declaring, "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie."

"All. The. Time." Sam added, standing besides Max.