𝟰 - 𝗮 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁

Start from the beginning

"Magic?" Harith immediately looked at her when she spoke a word about it. "You can do magic, Your Highness?"

"Why, yes! And I trust you leonins can do magic too, I suppose?" Silvanna said, sounding excited. "Can you show me something?" Harith began to smile. Maybe she isn't so bad after all, he thought.

"Uh, I'm not comfortable doing it in front of a... um..."

"A human? Should I put cat ears like yours to make myself a leonin? Would that make you comfortable?" Silvanna teased as she touched the tip of his nose.

Harith looked around the room. He thought it was too small for him to do magic. "Can we maybe do it outside?" he asked, not expecting she would allow it.

"But, it's raining so hard," she answered.

"Oh, um, okay," Harith pouted as he hesitantly tried his best to demonstrate some magic, still not enough space to do so which caused inconvenience for him. He would always do magic outdoor with his naughty leonin friends, not indoor with a human being he recently just met.

Just as he was about to try something, Silvanna offered her hand.

"Let's play in the rain then, shall we? Don't worry, I won't tell the captain," she said. It took Harith by surprise. He smiled and took her hand as they were on their way to the garden.

Fanny's POV.

Ever since she came and stayed here, Fanny's sleep schedule had gotten worse, but she was not disturbed about it at all. Fanny would do a lot of activities during the day, and would continue to do so at night with the same energy. Sleeping was never really her thing, except when exhaustion consumed her. She remembered she had minor insomnia when she was a little girl, even her own mother couldn't make her yawn by singing a lullaby or even telling her a story. Most of the time, her mother would fall asleep faster. Fanny only needed a three hour sleep, which had always been more than enough time for her to rest.

It was 5:20 AM, Fanny was in her room sketching random objects simply because she was bored. She had been awake since 4:00 AM, and drawing was the first thing that came to her mind. She then heard a noise from outside and paused her art. It sounded like some kind of magic spell or something, but she knew nothing of magic. She was absolutely puzzled. Who would be awake at this hour, during the rain? She thought. The princess was undoubtedly awake, but would she make such loud noises? Her brother was definitely in the library reading books about war for clear reasons, he would never create such chaotic noises like what she was hearing.

Fanny always had high curiosity, so she put her sketch down and quietly walked downstairs, not wanting to wake anyone up, and finally out the door. The rain never bothered her, so she sneaked out anyway. She ended up in the garden, and there she saw it. Her eyes went wide, her mouth open, and even her clever mind could not process a single thing she just witnessed. Harith, the adorable leonin, and the princess, a magic expert, together creating mind-blowing masterpiece, both were soaking wet in the rain. Was this reality? She couldn't help but let out a gasp.

The leonin turned around in surprise, and the princess moved her attention to Fanny instead of the magic she was doing.

"Good morning, Fanny!" Silvanna said happily. The leonin just awkwardly smiled.

"Whatever it is I'm seeing right now, this must be a dream," she said, not blinking. "This has to be a dream, please pinch me."

Silvanna laughed, stopped her magic and walked forward to where she was standing. "This is reality," she said comfortingly. "Magic exists, dear Fanny."

Fanny shook her head in awe, still trying to comprehend what was happening. "I... wow," she blinked. "This is the first time I ever witnessed magic and it is absolutely out of this world! You are incredible!"