Chapter 4: To the village.

After time had passed, Obsidian basically pleaded Sesshomaru to have her tag along. The batman stated that he needed to go elsewhere as an errand and so there they were, Y/N, Sesshomaru, and the two others were walking towards the village. The errand Obsidian had to go do...involved his pet bat. It got sick and he went to go try and find something to make it feel better.

Y/N was walking behind the group where Sesshi was ahead of them, Rin and Jaken who got introduced before they took off to the village, were also ahead of her but behind the lordship. Right now Y/N was listening to her music as she stared up at the passing trees, pondering whether she was really dreaming or not.

Any dream could be vivid and wild like this, to the point that even physically touching someone in your dream can feel real. Something caught her attention and made her take an earbud out, it was Rin. "Hey L/N?" the child questioned with an innocent smile.

Y/N's heart dramatically throbbed and in her mind, an animation of her clenching her chest over her cuteness appeared. That smile, why must she be so adorable?! I'm dying! Silly tears streamed down her flat-lined eyes in her head. "Yeah?" On the outside, she seemed fine but on the inside, she was gushing so hard...it was no wonder why Sesshi took her in!

"What are those...string things in your ears?" Cutely blinking and mouth agape, Rin walked quietly and waited for a reply.

Jaken would usually make a displeased comment about anyone, especially a human but for some reason... He found himself just as curious so he chose to stay quiet and listen in. He looked over his shoulder at her, hoping to not be found out that he was eavesdropping. "Um...well, it's hard to explain," Y/N began with her eyes averted and nervous sweat rolling down her face.

"Try me, I want to know!" Cheerfully, Rin exclaimed and turned around, now walking backward with her smile present and arms clasped behind her. Sesshomaru's pointed ears twitched slightly, but not once had he peeked over his shoulder at her; it was obvious he was listening in too.

"Eheheh, let's just say... It's so you can listen to sounds coming from this device," Y/N explained as she lifted up her phone out of her pocket, which the headset was hooked to. "You can talk to friends, family, play short games, read, write stories, listen to music, and much more. Want an example? It's completely harmless!~" Laughing near the end with closed eyes, she watched Rin giggle and raise a hand into the air.

"Yes, hehehe!" As gleeful as she could be, the little girl cheered and excitedly waited for Y/N to give an example. Sesshomaru's one eye was looking in his peripherals, staring at her from behind now. Jaken had a risen brow and pondered what in the world could be so great from such a small device.

Smiling mischievously, Y/N giggled madly to herself and the scene only showed her Cheshire-cat grin. Beforehand she had thought for a moment on what song she could play that would be kid-friendly; quickly she leaned over to whisper towards Rin, with a wink after recalling a good one.

"Oh, I have the perfect example...and it'll be funny," Just watching little Rin smile real big, giggle and turn back around so as to not trip, Y/N sneakily walked closer behind Sessho and slowly lifted her phone up near his ear, after picking the song out. The moment she clicked play and her headset got unplugged from the jack, Sessho froze in his step with wide eyes.