"Pogo, I didn't mean you, I just... I-." He stumbled on his words. "You know, there's been a lot of stuff I've been dealing with. Just a lot of memories coming up. All those good times. Well, not so much good times as really awful, terrible, depressing times..." I gently kicked his leg to get him to stop talking as Pogo was beginning to look impatient. 

"The contents of that box are... priceless. Were they to find their way back to the office, whoever took it would be absolved of any blame or consequences."

"Oh, well, lucky bastard."

"Indeed." Pogo took one last knowing look before turning and walking towards the kitchen, leaving behind a guilty-looking Klaus.

*

Later that day Five returned, storming up to his room without a word said. I followed after him.

"So... you leave without a goodbye, or saying when you'll be back, and then just show up again and not even a hello?" I asked from the doorway.

"Sorry, I'm busy. A lot to get done in a very short amount of time. Trying to end an apocalypse on my own is harder than I thought."

"Oh yeah, when are you planning on explaining that to everyone?"

"Not yet. Well, I've told Vanya - we were always the closest growing up."

"Ok." I thought not to press the matter. "Can I help at all?"

"Why, you have some smart idea?"

"No, but I'm here if you need, ok?" I looked at him sadly before leaving him to it.

"Five?" I heard someone call out from the entrance. "Are you upstairs?"

"Hey, Vanya." I greeted as I met her on the stairs. "Yeah, he's in his room. Beware, he's in a mood."

"Thanks."

"Oh, by the way, I'm sorry you left without me saying goodbye yesterday. I would have liked to get to know you some more." I attempted to lighten the every-darkening mood.

"I'm sorry, I'd love that too. I do need to talk to Five right now though, it's kinda important."

"Yeah of course, you go." I smiled at her as she left.

It was only a few minutes later when she came out again, sighing.

"He said needed some rest." She explained as I looked at her curiously as to why she was leaving so soon. "This whole... apocalypse thing. I can't get my head around it, he's so sure it was real but-"

"It's a lot to take in. I know how you feel."

"Liv?" Five called out.

I furrowed my brows. "I'd better go see what he needs, talk to you later, ok?"

"Yeah, ok." Vanya faintly smiled as she walked away.

"I actually can't do this, I need your help, can you come with us?" He sounded exasperated.

"So soon? You couldn't push me away fast enough a few minutes ago."