Prologue

“Long ago, the world was full of wonder.”

A beautiful white unicorn flew happily over a vast landscape.

“It was adventurous...”

Centaurs ran freely across the valley.

“exciting...”

Mermaids jumped about happily in the water.

“and best of all...”

Pixies flew towards an elf who was standing on a mountain peak.

“there was magic.”

“Boombastia!” The elf used his staff to cast a spell that created beautiful fireworks, making all the creature gasp in awe.

“And that magic helped all in need.”

A family of goblins sat shivering, as the father tried to lit a fire.

An elf, who was walking by, gasped softly when she saw them.

Then she raised her staff.

Flame Infernar!”

The fire lit up, making the family smile happily.

Two elves and a cyclop walked cautiously into a cave.

On top of a platform, sat a golden chalice.

The elf holding a sword walked forward to grab it, but then a dragon came out from behind it.

The dragon spat fire, and the elf holding the sword covered the other elf with his shield.

Then the cyclop came out from behind them and pointed his magic staff at the wall.

Voltar Thundasir!”

The wall collapsed, trapping the dragon, and the elf sheath his sword walking forward to grab the chalice.

A elf and a cyclop, both holding magic staffs, walked towards a small house.

The elf casted a spell, lighting up the house, making the owner, a small dwarf, jump out happily.

The cyclop tried to copy the spell, but he was burnt, making him drop the staff.

“But it wasn't easy to master.”

The elf picked up the staff and started to hand the staff back to the cyclop but the cyclop paused, looking behind the elf.

And so the world found a simpler way to get by.”

Other creatures stood round a fawn as she demonstrated something to them.

“I call it the light bulb.”

She flipped the switch little bulb lit up, making the creatures gasp in awe.

The cyclop glanced at the staff, and then walked around the elf, going to the other house.

He grabbed the switch, repeatedly flipping it, making the bulb light up and turn off.

“Tis so easy.” He said.

“Huh.” The elf said curiously, as he watched them.

A gas cooker lit up, and an elf stood next to it, showing it to a group of creatures, making them clap in amazement.

A family of goblins sat in a living room, as the father used a small remote to lit up the chimney.

Over time...”

A female centaur was playing a dance video game at an arcade.

“...magic faded away.”

A mermaid sat in a small pool, slurping from a soda can as she played with her phone.

A small pixie flew a bit, but then stopped as she approached an airplane.

Elves walked in a huge industry, packaging goods.

Lots of cars drive on a highway.

And a giant industrialized city stood proudly, on a large area of land.

A large elf, who was riding a small bike, threw newspapers at the curb of every single house on a small street.

A (s/c) (h/c) female elf holding a small gift box with a bag slung on her back, walked past two unicorns who were fighting over garbage.

But I hope...”

In a small room, a phone rang and a hand reached out to turn it off.

A hand wore a smart watch on the opposite one, the time showing 7:00am.

“...there's a little magic left...”

The hand flipped a shoe, and then the owner wore it, before pulling a sweatshirt over it’s red checkered shirt.

……in you.”

The owner of the sweatshirt pulled it over it’s head, revealing a handsome young elf.

The elf grabbed his back and walked towards his calendar smiling when he saw the date and the mark on it.

'16th Birthday'

He smiled and then walked out of the room.

~Hey guys.

Normally, I wait and publish the whole book at once, but I felt I should publish the prologue first.

Maybe publishing it will help me with my writer's block, I don't know.

Anyway this is just a teaser of what's to come.

So sit tight, it's going to be a long interesting magical journey.