19 ; T H E N

Taehyung was 27 and Jeongguk 23 when they realized that space brings people closer.

The night that was Taehyung's first after his return from college, him and Jeongguk had talked, confessed everything that happened - from how one broke up with his girlfriend to how one was always surrounded with everyone yet was still alone. They realized how, where the space had messed with them, it had cleared their minds on things too, making them realise what they wanted and what they needed.

And they were here, as strong as ever, after four years, in a healthy relationship when it happened. It was Jeongguk's birthday, when Taehyung had thrown him a surprise party, inviting their close friends and no one else, just their families and close ones - a cozy gathering.

And they had cut the cake, drank some wine - not too much since everyone had to stay sober and had work the next day and were chilling when Taehyung proposed to Jeongguk. It was so sudden - the way every single soul there was clueless, but it was so damn beautiful, where Taehyung had called Jeongguk his stars and told him he was his everything, where Taehyung had slipped a beautiful silver ring on Jeongguk's finger which had 'my star' engraved on the inside of it.

And it was that night that Taehyung had made love to Jeongguk and cried in front of him openly, because Jeongguk had looked so pretty, and sounded so pretty, and felt so pretty that Taehyung was overwhelmed. And it was so beautiful - the way they connected together so abstractly, the way their voices toned together and reached their ears, just for them to hear, the way Jeongguk looked so pretty under him, hair messed up, eyes shut and endless strings of sighs falling his lips with every single movement of theirs. And when they climbed their highs together, among the stars, Taehyung had leaned down, crying and pressing kisses on Jeongguk's collarbones that were painted in so many pretty colours, and when they came down, Taehyung held his stars in his hands.

And it was burning - the fire in Taehyung's lungs, his whole body as his skin melted against Jeongguk's, and it was the most pleasing burn ever, for they were both stars, in a world of dark, shining so beautifully in such opposite ways, together; always together.

And Jeongguk never asked her in the end, but the moon definitely knew what she was doing, since the start, when she aligned their stars together, since then.

- fin -

[ Check out my other works on my twitter @/taekoomuse ]