6 ; T H A T

Taehyung was 13 and Jeongguk 9 when Jeongguk made a new friend; a girl.

Taehyung had walked out of his classroom, hurriedly zipping up his bag in a messy way as he had tried walking towards the apple tree; his and Jeongguk's place, when he saw not one, but two heads standing underneath it.

Jeongguk had made a new friend, her name was Lisa. She had nice brown eyes and pretty light brown hair with the neatest of manners. Of course Jeongguk had befriended her. Taehyung was about to deny when Jeongguk had asked if Lisa could join them with lunch, but the way his eyes were sparkling made Taehyung agree. So the three of them had sat on the bench and had their lunches while Lisa had talked to the both of them, getting to know Taehyung more since she already knew much about Jeongguk.

Taehyung was angry and irritated at the fact that there was someone else beside him who was giving Jeongguk attention, but for the sake of not being rude to Jeongguk's friend had replied to her. Their lunch was usual, not much changed, the same Taehyung and Jeongguk feeding eachother half of their lunches and eating the rest themselves, but with an addition of another person. And even though Jeongguk was paying most of his attention to Taehyung, Taehyung was still grumbly about it. And so, after the bell had rang signalling the end of their lunch-time and Lisa had left quickly, Taehyung had hugged Jeongguk tightly and told him that he will remain his best friend no matter what. Jeongguk had muttered a "of course Taehyungie hyung," and ran to his class leaving a teary eyed Taehyung.

And it was at the age of 13 that Taehyung realised that maybe Jeongguk didn't need Taehyung as much as he needed him.