1 ; P U L L

x=======x

dedicating this to icaruseok  for being the bestest person out there.

x=======x

Kim Taehyung was 7 and Jeon Jeongguk 3 when they first met.

Jeongguk, alongside his mother, had shifted into the house right beside Taehyung's. As new neighbours, his mother had decided to visit their house for a warm-up meeting so they would know some people. Jeongguk was shy even then, sippy cup in his mouth and hidden behind his mother's legs, his free hand clutching the back of her pants tightly when Taehyung had opened the door.

As their mothers sat together talking about their lives and getting to know about eachother, Jeongguk's big round eyes were wide and stuck on his mother, who had separated him from herself and made him sit beside Taehyung. Taehyung looked at Jeongguk drinking banana milk from his sippy cup until it had emptied. Taehyung, for a 7 year old, didn't really like talking to people, so he was glad Jeongguk wasn't crying and making noises.

And just then, Jeongguk had started crying. Because his mother wasn't beside him, and because he wanted some more banana milk. Taehyung looked at the small boy, babbling and crying for his mother as she took him and placed him in her lap, trying not to seem rude as she had tried to calm the crying boy down.

Then Taehyung had went to the kitchen and brought a box of banana milk. Taking the emptied sippy cup - that Jeongguk was still busy suckling as tears streamed down his puffy, red cheeks - and tried his best to pour some in it without spilling and give it back to Jeongguk. And Jeongguk had smiled happily, drinking the tasty liquid, now shyly looking at Taehyung.

They had talked some after that too, Jeongguk small in his mother's lap, not looking at Taehyung for long time albeit making sentences. He had told Taehyung that his favourite animals were pandas. And rabbits too. He had also told Taehyung that his dad says he looks like one.

And it was at the age of 7 that Taehyung realised he didn't like when Jeongguk cried.

/_\

hii it’s me again, hope you’re doing fine and will support me through this, this story means a lot to me and i hope somewhere along the way it can pick up your liking as well 🥺🥺

take care please <3

~K