Part 1

The sun was bright and the atmosphere warm

The sun was bright and the atmosphere warm. The sweet gust of wind that often wafted through blossoming rose bushes bought the sweet smell of autumn along with it.

The cold, icy nights of winter were still away and the blistering hot days of the summer had been left behind. And THESE were some of the most beautiful days of the year.

And yet there was no respite!
No respite, no excuse from her eternal burden of pain, heartache and humiliation.
And perhaps there never would be!

Perhaps, she is forever meant to be like this. Laden in disgrace, adorned in pain while her tattered heart is sliced into thin pieces - little by little - every moment, every hour, every day!

At the sound of oncoming footsteps - she momentarily forgot her own misery, as her eyes riveted from one balcony to the next.....searching...reaching.....but nothing.....he isn't here yet.

'It was just a guard!' She huffed once again, returning to  her own shell of miseries.

She could hear the women behind her, someone was giggling near the benches but she was aloof of all of that!

She doesn't care! She couldn't! And the only thing that brings her here, everyday religiously - is him! Her husband! Her love!
The sight of his face, the only thing that brings her respite from the eternal hell her life had become.

Many days ago, there was a time when she was happy too, was capable of smiling and laughing, was able to enjoy the summer's breeze and the sweet smell of flowers.

But no more! No more!

Now? Now, the pain was far too much to bear, like a massive boulder that sits atop her chest, squeezing the breath out of her, oppressing the little life that had been left inside of her.
Just because of that incident!

One mistake! A few stolen hours and it was all gne! All of it!

Her chest felt tighter, as if someone had twined the iron chains round her and was dragging her away.

'Yes, she had done it!' A voice screamed inside her while a soft wind rustled the grass around her ankles.

'Yes, she had slept with a man, distroyed her innocence, remaining in all her sences!'

Her tear filled eyes riveted back towards the balcony, his balcony! on hearing his footsteps.
Where now, he stood in all his handsome glory! His brown silky locks swaying in the soft breeze, while his eyes remained fixed on the scroll in his hands.

'At last he was here! Her partner for life!'

'Yes, she had comitted a sin and she had paid for it ever since!'

But will this never end?

'Yes, she had slept with HIS brother! But she had married and loved HIM!'

Was she going to pay for her sins, all her life?
Was there no respite?

Will her husband ever look up to meet her eyes?

Hey guys, please vote and comment if the chapter took your fancy and let me know what are your thoughts about this new story?