CHAPTER 1 | SEALED DEAL

~what about, what about angels?
they will come, they will go make us special~

Ethan's POV

"You know how much you loved your uncle and he had no heir who can take revenge and the money back from that bastard. You are our only hope", Dad continued while Mom just stared at me with pity eyes.

"I know Dad but something like these involves a lot of people."

"Son, Jones family doesn't even know that they own such vast property. And since that Jones bastard is in coma they need a lot of money so they'll easily agree this marriage for money. Act with her, take the money back, dump her that's all. This property belonged to your uncle, not that you're taking someone else's money."

My Dad has a point. I don't believe in love or marriage so either way I'll marry that gold digging bitch for revenge. Though I'm still hoping that she'll turn down the offer.

.

I'm Ethan Dawson, only son of my parents and only heir to my late grandparents.

My Dad's younger brother uncle Mase Dawson never settled down and instead wrote his best friend Nick Jones a huge amount of his wealth. But his best friend ditched him and planned a road accident. Though it had a glitch on his plan and now he's in coma after he accidentally got involved there.

Plus point is that his family still doesn't know that they are rich through my uncle and they are working their ass off to pay hospital bills.

.

.

.

Olivia's POV

It's almost 5 and my shift at the bakery was over so it's finally time to go home.

I walked out of the bakery, taking a deep breath. I could smell the warm bread and cookies that I made for next shift. I smiled as the golden sun rays break through my hair causing my eyes to light up.

I was enjoying my cycle ride to home when Mom called me, "Where are you?"

"I'm on my way mum", I said, adjusting my bag.

"Come straight to home", mom said in a hurry.

"But aren't we visiting Dad today?"

"It's an emergency, don't make me repeat myself, you hear me?", I could tell by her voice that something was going on.

I opened my messages to see Logan, my boyfriend texted me and asked if we could meet. I replied to him saying that I'm not going to hospital today and that mom said it was something emergency so I had to head back to home.

:Come to my house, maybe we can hangout?

:Sure

He replied and I put my phone back in my pocket. Thinking about the whole magical journey with him since high school. Everything in my life was so perfect until my Dad faced an accident 2 years ago and is now in coma. My mother has become more cruel after that accident and I have to work crazy to earn.

I miss my Dad, he'd never let me feel if anything was missing in my life.

And about Logan, my parents like him too and my mum thinks we should settle down when are settled down by ourselves.

I reached home to see the main door open. I rushed to the living room to find mom with a man in suit, sitting in front of her.

I guessed right. I could feel something terrible coming towards me.

"Here", mom handed me a file and I started reading it.

I couldn't believe my eyes, why didn't mom tell that man to get lost. Why was she waiting for me.

I was confused as tears rolled down to my cheeks. There were loud noises coming from my back so I turned around to see all my close friends holding their cameras to record me.

Thank Lord, I knew it was a prank.

But as my eyes fell to the ground I saw Logan sitting on his knees, holding a ring and asked without waiting,"Olivia, marry me and make me the happiest man alive!"

I was shocked and happy at the same time because he had slight tears in his eyelids too.

If they're recording for Logan then what's with the papers?

Suddenly my mom stood up from her chair and shushed all my friends and tried to send them back,"kids, this is really not a great time, look Olivia is getting married to a man of his choice. This is not a joke, Logan this..."

My mom continued but my ears got numb and I couldn't hear a single word she babbled.

Just the fact that how much I wanted to scream YES!! and jump into Logan's arms and kiss him like the end of the world.

.

.

.

"Mom I can't do this, I don't know this man", I kept telling my mom but she was settled down with her own decision.

"It's not about you, it's about the well being of this family. Your life will be secured once you get married there. I will not have to earn for you too. Think about your dad's medical expenses."

I couldn't stop thinking about Logan but I also had to do what was better for Dad.

"But I love Logan mom!"

"You love your dad too, don't you girl?", These were her last words before I said yes.

"But why are they choosing me?"

"Mr. Ethan must have seen you somewhere around. You are beautiful enough to catch a billionaire's eyes. Look ,my Olivia, marry him, put effort and you will be happy forever. Pray so that your dad gets well soon and then your life will be full of happiness."

.

.

.

I was in my room after dinner. A part of me still wanted to call and explain everything to Logan but rest of me was hoping for the first time that everything will be fine soon. My mom never told me anything about dad's accident. All I know is it was 2 years ago at the college Street and we were going to a party but were in a different car. I might never hear the whole story consciously.

I still don't know what was the surprise party for!

I couldn't stop thinking about getting married to a man who build his own empire. How old he might be? 40?

I spent the whole night reminiscing my memories with Logan and all my friends who had the purest smile on their faces this evening.