xxiv. i love you and i won't let you die

"STOP FIGHTING

       "STOP FIGHTING." BELLAMY snaps as he pulls Josephine through the woods, the shade of night making it an even harder task.

"Don't you get it, you're killing all 3 of us. Not to mention the rest of your friends when my father finds out. Is Kya really worth all of that?" Josephine smirks, before her body drops to the ground, shaking violently. Bellamy quickly bends down, helping her sight up even as she continues to thrash around. When it finally stops the redhead let's out. sigh, pain radiating through her body. "It's getting worse. You have to take me home."

"If I take you home, you'll use an EMP and kill Kya." Bellamy states, helping Josephine up. "I told you I won't let that happen."

"The Children of Gabriel won't help you." Josephine drawls. "When they find out who I am, they won't just destroy my mind drive, they'll cut off my head, and you'll have nothing."

Bellamy ignores her words, pulling out a knife to cut his finger. ""Well, let's make sure..." When he starts bleeding he swipes his finger across Kya's head. "They don't find out."

"Look." Josephine quips as Bellamy begins to pull her along again. "I don't know what they taught you on that hunk of metal you grew up in, but where I'm from when someone tells you you're in danger, you listen."

"Yeah, we do that, too, unless the people we care about are in trouble, then we do what has to be done." Bellamy turns to her, stopping for a moment before their resume their journey. "Now, come on. Let's go."

"The people you care about are in trouble." Josephine fights him. "I guess you just care about her more."

"Quiet." Bellamy snaps as lights flash through the forest, catching the two of them off guard.

"You're in our woods!" A Child of Gabriel shouts. "A long way from home."

"It's ok." Bellamy raises his voice. "I need to see Gabriel."

"On the ground." One of them yells, ignoring Bellamy's words.

"He needs to know what we know." Bellamy continues.

"God, you're an idiot." Josephine shakes her head before she feels another body colliding with hers, knocking her onto the ground. A bag is thrown over her head and her and Bellamy are led through the woods, their vision being restored when they reach a cave. "Ew, what is that smell?"

"Which one of you is Gabriel?" Bellamy questions, trying to ignore the skeletons lying on the ground. "We have information critical to your cause."

"Their cause is a joke." Josephine quips, earning a rough shove from the person leading her.

"Quiet!" One of them snaps.

"What did these people ever do to you, hmm?" Josephine ignores their command, glancing towards one of the skeletons. "Let me guess, they refused reeducation?"