XXIX. To The King

Hello, my lovely readers! Sorry for my absence but I've had my attention on other projects. This will be the last chapter of 'The Hobbit', or the main plot at least. I may add in others before LOTR but that will be some time, not too much, however.
I hope you all enjoy and sorry for the writing of the fight scenes in advance

.   .   .

It was Dain and he had brought his army, standing proud atop the hill before the two groups, though not very tall. It had worry and fear surging through the green wizard, this would surely end in more bloodshed than anyone knew. Lucien wanted his staff, yet he did not have it. Why did Gandalf tell him he did not need it?

Peering down over the wall, Lucien met the gaze of his mentor, his aging face showing his concern. And then the raven-haired wizard saw it, his staff clutched in the hand of Gandalf, he had it and sent some comfort to his mind.

That was when the Lord spoke up, his voice bellowing over the land and reaching every ear, "Good morning! How are we all? I have a wee proposition if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider..." Lucien had often found the dwarf rather amusing with his sarcastic nature but this was definitely not the time to be taking the situation so lightly, "Just sodding off?! All of you! Right now!"

Lucien couldn't help the fatigued sigh that past his lips, "Really Thorin?" He asked rhetorically, not even sure if he had heard it.

"Stand fast!" Bard commanded his army.

The dwarf army and elf/human army continued to argue, one trying to keep the peace and the other considering running into battle right then because of frustration. The tension built with every passing moment and word, dwarves were immensely stubborn, everyone knew, so this was transpiring to be a struggle.

Lucien wanted to shout, he wanted to plead but he knew it would do no good. He wasn't weak, Lucien would fight, he just didn't want to see anyone else he cared about hurt. Like he had said before, seemingly a long time ago, he was the way he was for a reason and the wizard hated to voice that reason.

Before anyone else could shoot any more arrows the ground shook under their feet, some toppling, others holding onto each other for dear life. Lucien gripped onto the wall beside him, grabbing onto Kili's coat to keep him upright. It only meant one thing and as that deafening, familiar roar of noise was heard it was even more clear.

"Were-worms!" Some warned as a massive creature tore through the ground of one of the mountains. Soon, others appeared at light speed, moving over the earth like crawling death. This wasn't good at all.

Then there was another army (as if they needed one more) and it was led by the one and only, Azog. His hideous features causing fury to erupt in the pit of Lucien's stomach. That scar, his skin, those eyes, Lucien wanted to obliterate him on the spot.

"Come forth my Armies!" Azog spoke in his language, most having no comprehension of his words while few sneered at them just fine.

Tearing himself away from the sight, the raven-haired wizard spun around to face Thorin, "We need to stop this, Thorin. This has gone on long enough." The anger in his voice shocking anyone if they weren't so focused on the carnage before them. "Stop with this petty rivalry between dwarves and elves because right now we need all the people we have!"

"No!" The dwarf commanded, "It is not up to you to decide! We stay here. You! Are to stay here. No one is leaving." It only aggravated the wizard further as the dwarf walked away from him.

"Is this the morals you are setting for your kin?! For you nephews?!" His call echoed, rushing behind him into the mountain while the others followed after, "You are a coward, Thorin Oakenshield and I am sick of sitting behind these walls for your own benefit!" Lucien couldn't stop now, he had been keeping this locked away for so long that the floodgates had finally opened and he was spewing out everything he had been feeling and thinking. "Why am I here?! I should be out there with my mentor and my hobbit!"