"New" Friendship (Chapter 6)

Mulai dari awal

“You’re just saying that to break us up.”

“Angel, honey, believe what you want to believe.”

“But you don’t know my Dad. He’ll get angry if I break off the engagement.”

“What’s more important to your Dad? Money or you? Angel, it’s up to you. Anyways, I have to go. I still have lots of things to do.”

*****************************************************************************************

“Mr. Sebastian, have a seat.” Mr. Tan said to Martin as he welcomes Martin to his office.

Everything bad that happens to him that deals with Mr. Tan came back to him but he composed himself and act calmly.

“Thank you Mr. Tan. You can just call me Franc.” Martin said.

“What brings you here Franc?”

“You told me about you are selling 20% of the stocks of your company.”

“Yeah. Are you interested in buying it?”

“Well no but I have a client of mine who’s interested in buying it.”

“Really that’s great. May I know who he is? I can set up a meeting for us to talk.”

“He wants to get to know your company more. He wants to be sure before buying.”

“I understand. My secretary will give you everything that client of yours wants to know about our company. When your client agrees then call me immediately so that I could set up a meeting.”

“Okay Mr. Tan. Call me in this number or have your secretary email me the information needed.”

“Sure Franc.”

The two shook hands and then Martin went off to go to Venus’ office. When he arrives, he saw Venus talking to Xavier.

“I learned what happened from Angel. I’m really sorry Venus.” Xavier said.

“I already heard that a million times.” Venus said.

“I’m really sorry.”

“You kept doing it even when we were together. Every time you were drunk you hurt me. And I forgave you every time you apologize but now, it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ll no longer together and I just don’t love you no more.”

Martin couldn’t take the conversation anymore so he said, “What is Xavier doing here?”

“He was just leaving Franc. Right Xavier?” Venus said.

“Yeah. I was just leaving. I really am sorry Venus and to you too Franc.” Xavier said as he leaves.

Martin approaches Venus and said, “Are you okay? Did he hurt you again?”

“Stop asking me please! I’m okay. Why are you here?” Venus said.

“I have done everything you want me to accomplish today. I already went to Mr. Tan. His secretary will just send me via email every information needed before you invest.”

“Good work Mr. Herrera.”

*****************************************************************************************

After going to Venus’ office, Martin went to Angel’s cafe. It’s been awhile since he went to this café owned by Angel. He remembers how Angel always wanted to be a pastry chef and how she loved coffee. Before he cannot afford expensive desserts or even expensive coffee but now, everything has changed. He’s already rich and can afford everything but still with the help of Venus who gets angry easily and is strict but is a good person especially to Henry.

“Welcome to Polaris.” The waitress said to Martin.

Martin then sits down on the table near the window.

“What are you having Sir?” The waitress said as she hands him the menu.

“Iced coffee and red velvet cake would do. Thank you.”

“Right away Sir.”

Martin looked around to see if Angel was around. As the waitress brought Martin his iced coffee and red velvet cake, the waitress noticed that Martin is looking for someone.

“Are you looking for someone Sir? Or are you waiting for your girlfriend?” The waitress said.

“No. Don’t mind me.” Martin said.

“Okay sir. Bon appetite.”

The waitress left and Martin still looked for Angel. But thankfully, after a few minutes, Angel went out of the kitchen and as she looks around, she saw Franc.

“Franc?” Angel said approaching Martin.

“Angel, what are you doing here?” Martin said.

“I own this café. I have a chef for the main dishes but I bake all pastries and cakes that are being sold.”

“Wow. The red velvet cake tastes really good if you want to know.”

“Thank you. What are you doing here?”

“I was just waiting for client. But too bad it seems like he’s not showing up. Will it be possible if you join me even for awhile? It’s a bit awkward to eat alone.”

“Sure.” Angel said then sits in front of Martin.

And just like the night before, they talked and talked like the way they used to do when Martin was still Martin and not hiding behind the identity of Franc.

“Uhm. Angel can I ask you a question?”

“Sure Franc.”

“Can we be friends?  It’s just that I came home from the States and still don’t have a lot of friends here.”

“Sure no problem Franc. I can be your friend.”

They both smiled at each other.