18

"I can't believe you're really here!" Ki exclaimed as I unloaded the groceries that we just got so I could cook dinner for everyone. "I can't believe she drove across the country by herself." Kat said as I started cooking.

"That was honestly the worst part of all of this." I said with a laugh. "I'm never doing it again." I said as my phone started ringing. "Shit. Be quiet, he can't know I'm here." I said and looked at Ki with wide eyes.

I took a deep breath then answered the phone. "Hey." I breathed out and ruffled my hair as everyone watched me. "Hey, V. What are you up to?" Colby asked as I sat down at the kitchen island.

"Just cooking dinner, what about you?" I asked as he sighed. "We're about to do the dive. I'm so fucking nervous." He said as I frowned. "I know, but it's gonna be fun. Don't forget why you're doing this." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"I wish you were here. You always know what to say." He said quietly. "I just don't want you to hold yourself back." I said and fidgeted with my necklaces.

I was a little nervous for him to skydive but I wasn't going to tell him that because it would just freak him out.

"How was your overnight in the ice castle?" I asked then stood up so I could start cooking. "Cold. I don't think I've ever been so numb in my life." He said with a laugh. "Come on, Colby!" Sam yelled from the other end of the line.

"Shit. I gotta go, babe." Colby said as my heart raced. "Okay, please call me when it's over if you can..have fun." I said as he made a kissy noise then hung up.

I sighed when he hung up then looked down and started cooking. "You okay?" Ki asked as I nodded. "Yeah. They're going skydiving and I guess I'm just a little nervous." I said and started washing the veggies.

"Awe babes, I'm sure it will be okay." Ki said as Kat nodded her head. "They've done some crazy things since Sam and I started dating but it never gets easier." She said and gave me a hug.

"They'll be fine." I said with a sigh. "Yeah, they will." Ki said with a reassuring smile.

We spent the next hour or so cooking dinner for everyone.

"This looks so good, dude." Jake said as I slid a plate to him. "Thanks for being my biggest fan, Jake." I said with a laugh.

"V, you're never leaving again. I missed you so much." Tara said and hugged me as I laughed. "I missed you, too." I said then looked around the room.

Everyone was smiling and talking to eachother as they enjoyed the food I cooked. I think I truly realized in this moment that this was home.

It always would be.

"So how are you going to suprise Colby?" Ki asked as we cleaned the kitchen. "I don't know. I think I'm just gonna sit in his room then just be in there when he comes home." I said as she looked at me with a grin. "We should take your car to my place." She said as I nodded.

"Yes. That would be a dead giveaway if my car was in the driveway." I said as she clapped her hands together.

"I'm so happy you're here." Ki said quietly. "I'm happy I'm here too. I'm sorry I left for so long." I said with a frown.

"It's okay, V. Nobody blames you for doing it. We all just want you to be happy." She said as I hugged her. "Love you, V." She said and rocked me back and forth. "Love you, Ki." I said then pulled away just as my phone started ringing. "Thank god." I whispered then grabbed it.

"Hey, Colby." I answered and rubbed my chest trying to calm my racing heart. "Hey baby, we survived." He said as I breathed a laugh. "That's good. Did you have fun?" I asked as Ki and I walked to my room.

"It was so much fun, V. Like it was beautiful and such a rush I want to do it again for sure." He said as I grinned. "I can't wait to see the video. When do you go back to LA?" I asked as he sighed.

"Tomorrow. I don't want to go home though. If I'm not with you I'd at least rather be somewhere beautiful." He said quietly. "LA is home though. Home is beautiful." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"I guess you're right. I just wish I could go back to you." He said quietly as I nodded. "I know, but you have work to do. I'll always be a call away." I said and winked at Ki as she stifled a laugh.

"I know. I'll plan a trip to come see you though." Colby said as I grinned. "Okay, deal. You should go now though so you can get some rest." I said as he hummed. "You're right. I love you, V." He said as I smiled.

"I love you, too." I said quietly and twirled my hair. "Get some rest." I said then hung up. "Dude, you've got it bad." Ki said as I rolled my eyes. "Shut the hell up." I said then went to my bag and started unpacking it.

We spent the rest of the night unpacking my stuff so I could officially say I was moved back in.

Ki eventually went home so she should hide my car at her place. I was so excited for Colby to come home and see me, but I was also extremely nervous.

I was worried that he wouldn't want me here afterall and I was worried that he would break my heart again.

I spent the whole night tossing and turning with nerves filling my stomach.

When I woke up I quickly got ready so I could sit in Colby's room until he got home. I wasn't sure when they were going to get here so I had to be prepared for anything.

"You ready for the surprise?" Corey asked as I grabbed a snack from the kitchen. "Kinda. I'm a little scared to be honest." I said causing him to laugh. "Dude, don't be nervous he's gonna be so excited." He said as I shrugged.

"I don't know...I guess we'll see." I said then took a sip of water. "Did he not tell you how messed up he was when you left?" He asked as I shook my head. "Not really..I'm sure he was upset though. What I did was horrible." I said with a sigh.

"He didn't leave his room for the first month. Like he wouldn't even let Sam talk to him for some days." Corey explained as my heart cracked in my chest.

"He eventually warmed up once he started doing the 25x25 shoots, but we didn't really see him coming back to us until he walked in on you and Ki FaceTiming."  He said and smiled at me.

"You two really make eachother happy and I'm glad you two finally realized that again." He said as I nodded. "Me too...we really like to push eachother away." I said with a sigh. "Trust me, I know. Y'all gotta stop doing that though, you're giving us a headache." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah...I get it." I said then walked out of the kitchen so I could go upstairs. I couldn't stop thinking about what Corey said. It broke my heart to think about how badly I hurt him.

I knew that I was doing it for myself too but hurting Colby was probably the worst thing I have ever done. 

When I got up to Colby's room I walked over to the couch and got comfortable since I had a feeling I would be waiting here for a while.

With every passing moment I could feel my heart beating faster as the nerves picked up.

I don't know how long I sat there, waiting, before I heard footsteps going up the stairs. I stood up and shook my hands out before walking to the middle of the room.

"You've got this." I breathed out as the footsteps got closer to the door.

The world slowed down for a second as the door slowly opened.