Chapter 28: Paths

Hey a little A/n. I have an AOT Oneshot book up. You should check it out! I do femreader x male character and malereader x female character. Okay I'll get to the story now!

Y/n's POV

The flying boat is heading to Fort Salta. The ride is uneasy for us since Onyankopon is flying it without Hange.

Hange...

"We were only able to fuel it halfway before leaving, but I promise that I will get you guys there no matter what. Just promise me you'll stop the rumbling" Onyankopon says

"We will, I'm counting on you" Armin says. We all walk to the passenger hold. Well Reiner drags me as I am trying to get over Hange's death. Reiner sits us both down and he lays my head on his chest. I look to see Levi, Armin, Pieck, Mikasa, Jean and Connie. Armin sketches an approximation of Eren's Founding Titan based off of Levi and Pieck's description of it.

"We aren't sure if he's located in the nape due to his possession of the War Hammer Titan's power" Levi says

"Even if we don't know where he is, we have the option to blow the entire Founding Titan away if we use Armin's Colossal Titan. The same way you did during the raid on Liberio. You completely destroyed the port leaving nothing behind" Pieck says. Reiner rubs my arm trying to comfort me.

Hange is dead...

"It would be the most effective way to kill Eren, but I want to save that as a last resort, if we can't have a conversation with him" Armin says

"I'm fine with that, and as an alternative, I suggest we kill Zeke. Hus connection with Zeke us what allows Eren to control the Founding Titan. Although we don't know where Zeke is, I'm willing to find him inside Eren's Titan if you will all help me" Levi says

"I will do whatever it takes, we've already had to kill many of our former comrades to get this far, we can't allow their lives to go to waste" Jean says

"I want to kill Eren. I will kill Eren" I say. Everyone looks at me.

"I don't know if you want to. I killed Samuel and Daz... They called me a traitor and said they were saving the world... It must have been hard for you Reiner" Connie says. Reiner grips my arm but let's go shortly after.

"I doubt I'll ever be able to forgive myself, no matter what I do." Reiner says as he puts his other hand on Connie's shoulder trying to comfort him.

"We should atleast save humanity" Reiner continues. Connie looks shocked.

"We should still do this" Connie says

"I regret blaming you for the things you did, I eventually became a murderer myself to save people" Jean says to Reiner.

"Eren told me the same thing the night of the raid on Liberio. I feel that I understand some of Eren's thinking. I think Eren wants us to stop him" Reiner says. My eyes widen.

"Y/n you said the same thing earlier before Connie took Marco and Zoe didn't you?" Armin asks me. I nod.

"Eren has yet to restrict our ability to act, even though he has the power to control every Eldian" Armin continues.

"Why do you think he did it?" Pieck asks.

"Well I had a memory and-" I begin but we're all summoned to the Paths.

"EREN! ARE YOU HERE?! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, YOU'VE DINE ENOUGH DAMAGE TO KEEP PARADIS ISLAND SAFE FOR CENTURIES! YOU CAN STAND DOWN NOW!" Armin yells

"YEAH! YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOULDER THE BLAME!" Connie yells

"WE CAN MAKE THINGS BETTER BETWEEN US!" Jean yells. We all hear Eren begin to speak but we can't see him.

"The Rumbling will not stop, and I will not leave Paradis' fate to chance" Eren says.

"Hey look at that" Levi says as he points to a figure in the center of the paths. We all run towards it, only to find a childhood version of Eren.

"Why are you still letting us use our powers, can we take the time to talk now since we're in the paths?" Armin asks

"No, I am choosing to take the world's freedom so that I can have my own, I won't take it from you guys though. You are free to do whatever you want, even if it's opposing me. However as long as we have different unbreakable convictions, we will be obligated to fight" Eren says

I'll kill you

We all we the younger Eren standing next to Ymir Fritz. He has a shadowed look in his eyes

"I only called you here to let you know there is no need for you to speak. If you want to stop the Rumbling, you will have to kill me" Eren says. We're all kicked out of the paths and are trying to regain our awareness.

"Well Commander Arlert, what now?" Levi asks. The boat then shakes.

"WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF GAS!" Onyankopon yells

"Come with us! We're all about to jump" Armin says.

"No I'll fly you right above the Founding Titan, I will make an emergency landing afterwards" Onyankopon says. The Beast Titan hurls debris at the flying boat and Onyankopon tries to dodge. The left wing is hit and the pontoon broke off. I quickly grab Marco and Zoe as we are all rattled around. I begin to fall but strong arms stop me. I realize Reiner is trying to help protect me, Marco and Zoe.

"Great Zeke is here" Levi says

"ZEKE!" Armin yells. Onyankopon gets closer and everyone begins jumping off the boat. Reiner quickly kisses Zoe and Marco's foreheads and then gives me a quick kiss. He then jumps off as the Beast Titan hurls another shot of debris at us. Reiner quickly transforms into the Armored Titan and grabs the Beast Titan. He then slams it down into the backbone of the Founding Titan.

Please be safe
(1007 Words)