Chapter 17: The Final Battle?

Also in the upcoming stories the reader is going to get a lot closer to Jean, Connie, and Sasha. The reader will get especially close with Jean but don't worry. There will be no love triangles. I hate them because I have to pick. But Jean will play a very important role later on in the reader's life.

Y/n's POV

The operation to take back Wall Maria is tomorrow. We're all in the mess hall. Harold is giving a speech about to Scout Regiment's rank and file.

"They're serving us meat for dinner" Sasha says with hearts in her eyes.

"Probably because a lot of us will die tomorrow" Connie says. Harold's speech ends and the mess hall turns into a madhouse. Since the last incident, the new cadets have all kept their distance from me. While they were all running to get the meat one of them bumped into me and I almost fell. Jean caught me. My face darkened.

"Which one of you almost made me fall?" I ask in a low tone. Everyone freezes and it gets super quiet. Jean steps back and runs into Eren's arms.

"SAVE ME!" Jean yells. No one responded.

"Which one of you almost made me fall? Do you realize you could've hurt my baby?" I ask again
(The reader is lowkey kind of a jerk right now but it's the mood swings from the pregnancy. Because she's pregnant her motherly instincts have heightened therefore she's much more aggressive)

"It was an accident" R/c says shaking

"It was an accident?" I ask

"Y-Yes ma'am. I'm very s-sorry" R/c says.

"Oh ok!" I say cheerfully. Everyone stares at me from my sudden mood swing.

"Jean which piece should I get?" I ask Jean. Jean jumps out of Eren's arms and walks over.

"You should get that pie- SASHA!" Jean yells as Sasha jams a large roast in her mouth. Connie tries holding her back without killing her.

"Were you guys never fed any mea-" Marlo begins but gets punched by Sasha.

"I CAN'T CONTROL HER! SHE'S LITERALLY A BEAST! Y/N LEVEL BEAST!" Connie yells. My face darkens.

"Oh so now I'm a beast?" I ask.

"Oh you're screwed Connie-boy" Eren says

"Knock Sasha out. Oh look there are little kids over there who are injured" Mikasa says. I turn.

"Where?" I ask. My mood quickly goes back to normal.

"SHE'S TOO STRONG I CAN'T KNOCK HER OUT!" Connie yells.

"Was it a good idea to give them meat?" R/o asks

"I'm sorry. Atleast we know what happens when we blow two months of the food budget in a single night" Harold says. Eren and Connie eventually restrain an unconscious Sasha.

"What happened to her? She offered to once share meat with us while we were servicing the cannons, 8 months ago" Connie says.

"I can't believe its only been 8 months" Eren says. I stand next to Jean.

Recently Jean has gotten super protective over me. I'm not sure if it's because of the whole pregnancy thing or because I basically passed out on him. Either way I'm not complaining.

"You guys are being placed in the rear guard. If the Scouts threw you into the vanguard, you'd be dead before you had a chance to learn. In the back you'll have a chance to study what works and make it home in one piece. Even the Suicidal Maniac over there managed to survive" Jean says. Eren walks over and they begin a fist fight

Oh brings back memories

"You needed to be bailed out by Mikasa" Jean says

"You're not getting along with your mother" Eren says.

"Should we stop them?" Armin asks

"No its fine" I say. Eventually they both tire out. Levi then walks over and knocks them both to the ground

"Hey you're too rowdy" Levi says.

"Hey Levi" I say wiggling my eyebrows

"Don't you bring it up Jaeger" Levi says

"Do you all know that Levi was caught making out with hi-" Levi covers my mouth.

"I'm gonna kill you one day" He says as he releases my mouth

"Try me" I say smirking. Levi walks away. Eren gets picked up by Mikasa and Armin and I follow them outside.

"Why didn't you help me?" Eren asks

"We knew you would heal and we're glad you're feeling better" Armin says. We all sit down on some steps outside.

"I'm glad we went to meet Sadies. I used to wonder why I couldn't be strong like Levi, Mikasa, or Y/n. But now I understand that no one does anything by themselves. Joining together makes us powerful" Eren says. We watch a Garrison soldier pass by.

"He reminds me of Hannes. We should visit him soon" I say. Eren frowns.

"Hannes died 6 months ago when everyone went to save us" Eren says.

"Oh... how did he die?" I ask

"He was killed by the same titan that ate mom... but that titan is dead now" Eren says.

"If we reclaim Wall Maria and defeat all of our enemies, will the happier days we lost come back?" Mikasa asks

"Maybe for you guys.. but my life is completely changed" I say

"It will come back for you too, though some things have been changed forever. But we'll make them pay for it" Eren says. My eyes widen

"No Eren.." I say. Armin changes the subject.

"There is more beyond the walls then just titans. I want to see the ocean, a lake so large that a merchant could never obtain all the salt within it." Armin says trying to infect Eren with his enthusiasm. I notice someone watching us and I stand up.

"Where are you going?" Mikasa asks.

"To stretch my legs" I say.

"Do you want me to come with?" She asks.

"Thank you Mikasa but I'm fine" I say. She nods and I walk off into the direction of where I felt someone's eyes. When I reach there I see Levi.

"You interested in this Ocean Armin talks about?" I ask him

"A little" Levi says. I nod and smile.

~The Next Day~

They're all getting ready to leave. I'm being taken to Historia's castle since I can't go. I hug everyone goodbye.

"Listen guys. I know you can do this! I wish I could come with but. It's too dangerous for me. Don't any of you die one me. Alright?" I say. They all nod and head out. Historia comes by and picks me up to head to the castle.
(1109 Words)