A part of him, as a father, felt bad for not being able to save Finn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Am I not supposed to go there alone?" Aliza asked.

Henrik shrugged, walking beside her, "I am a ghost," He pointed out, "There is nothing in the books that suggest any harm from me accompanying you."

They had been walking for almost an hour and Aliza was already pissed because they still had a long way to go to reach that place. The weather was grey and windy with no sunlight touching the grounds of Mystic Falls. And as much as she enjoyed such weather, she was also cold.

Henrik and his weirdness decided to make an appearance and Aliza was grateful for his company since the empty forest was kind of creeping her out. The shuffling of dry leaves as she walked made her feel weird somehow.

"This place is weird," Aliza said, glancing around.

"I seem to recall you loving the place," He said, looking at her curiously.

"I do," She said, "I mean the forest. It's weird."

"I take it you don't do well in woods,"

She shook her head. Aliza was all up for greenery and the environment but the woods always creeped her out one way or another. She hated the pinch of fear in her heart that only seemed to worsen as they walked further in. The weather wasn't doing much favor either.

Henrik noticed her discomfort and said, "If it makes you feel any better. You are one of the two strongest beings alive."

"You don't have to remind me that again and again, Hen." She said, annoyed by his words.

It was ridiculous because even though she was supposed to strong, it was still in theory. Aliza was unknown to her powers for ten whole years, the kids that attended the boarding school were aware of themselves. She wasn't. 

"What's wrong?" Henrik asked, sensing her irritation.

"I just," Aliza sighed, "I don't know. I mean I am happy that all of this will be over, I really am but then I guess I won't be seeing much of Elijah and Freya and all the others."

She could visit them every once in a while but Aliza had grown used to their presence. At first, she kept telling herself that all this was temporary but at that moment as she headed closer to that sword, her lungs began to tighten.

Aliza realized that she will miss all of them. She will miss seeing Marcel's toothy smile in the morning, Elijah's questions regarding the movies she made him watch, telling Freya about her training and listening to her advice, her lessons with Camille, her bickering with Kol, listening to Rebekah's insults, and also Klaus' lectures regarding how she must be focused.

She was going to miss New Orleans, its lively air, and the evergreen buildings. She will miss those hybrids that Klaus referred to as his minions.

"You don't have to leave, you know." Henrik offered.

"I can't stay, Hen. As much as I want to, I have my own life. Mom, Dad, Uncle Vin, their jobs, and friends are in India. I can't leave that and stay here."

At times like these Aliza hated how practical she was, she hated how mature her thinking was in terms of her age, she hated being reasonable, hated the fact that she couldn't plead to her parents to move to New Orleans because she knew it was a difficult thing to ask.

Henrik could sense the frustration in her voice.

"Let's change the topic," Aliza said. She was feeling depressed as it is, there was no point in talking about such things that will only make her feel down.