❂ 029. the soldier

Start from the beginning

A subtle urge that the Chairman better start fighting — and soon.

After all, her threat still hung high in the air.

Standing, he began firing his own weapon as Eisha turned back to protect her Pack. Rex yelled, "Fall back! First squad — cover the retreat!"

Lightly nudging Wolffe from behind her, he quickly glanced at her before nodding as she gestured to the speeder. Running over to start the engine, Eisha covered his back as she shouted for Boost and Sinker to follow, "Come on!"

From over the deafening blaster fire, the Chairman rebutted the clone Captain's command, "Retreat? We can't retreat from these animals!"

Pivoting immediately on the spot, she watched a spear pierce through the chest of the Chairman's remaining guard. The light within his eyes faded as the Chairman continued uselessly shooting at one of the Talz.

Whimpering slightly at the sight, her vision was ripped away from the dead guard. Her stomach churned as his expression seared its way into her mind, though she soon rid herself of the image of the hands gently reaching for her. Grasping her tightly around the waist, Wolffe hurriedly pulled her onto the speeder in front of him. Tucking her beneath him, the Commander leaned forward to seize the controls of the speeder as he shielded her from the never-ending siege of spears.

Speeding off now, Eisha did her best to look up past the Commander's arms. Keeping Sinker and Boost safely in sight, she soon included Rex in that group as she looked out for any incoming threats. Studying the Captain's speeder, she cringed as she finally noticed the Chairman's limp body that swung from where it lay upon the nose of the speeder.

'Shit.'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ceasing their escape at a fallen cliff edge, her eyes widened with horror as two clones fell down from the collapsing bridge. She quickly turned back, however, as the remaining clones piled together. The eight who remained, including herself, turned to both Wolffe and Rex for their next orders. Wolffe silently signed his command to the troops.

Although they positioned the men — with the Talz driving ever closer — Eisha began to form a plan of her own. With Rex firing the first shot, Eisha's gaze whipped across the group. Briefly closing her eyes shut, she internally made her decision.

He was so going to kill her for this.

Unclipping her lightsaber, she broke formation — standing protectively in front of the remaining troops. Sprinting forwards she faced the Talz head on, and alone.

Twirling her lightsaber hilt, she ignited it immediately with the deep violet burning brightly against the vast blizzard. The Talz darted towards her, and Eisha clenched her jaw as they did so. Raising her weapon wistfully, she knew she couldn't let them grow closer.

She knew she'd do anything to protect her men.

Firmly squeezing her eyes shut, she evened her breathing. The piercing nature of the blizzard dimmed around her as she focused on their footsteps.

'This wasn't my choice.'

Tears brimmed her vision as they thundered closer, her last words to them ringing throughout her mind.

'I'm sorry.'

She raised her lightsaber to attack: deathly violet descending downwards.

'This isn't my war.'

"...This, isn't my war," Snapping her eyes open, she instantly stopped her lightsaber's deadly descent — using her hand to Force push away the creature.