04 : 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖳𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖬𝗒 𝖤𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖮𝖿𝖿 𝖸𝗈𝗎

Start from the beginning

An hour passed, I was completely submerged to the plot. The bowl was already empty. I was holding Y/N tightly in my arms as the ending neared.

“Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?” Marilyn innocently stated.

“Say, they told me you were stupid! You don't sound stupid to me!" A man wowed.

She triumphantly smirked. "I can be smart when it's important.”

"She has a point-" I paused. "Y/N?"

There she was, asleep and snoring on my chest. I lightly chuckled. Reaching for the remote, I turned off the television and shifted carefully, trying not to wake her up.

"Would you look at this girl."

The clock loudly tick-tocked against the wall. The lights were dimmed, letting the urban glow outside her window seep through. It was getting cozy and peaceful. Y/N was still in a deep slumber in my hold.

Staring at her face, I slowly removed her thick glasses and set it aside. My hand then brushed some hair off her face, giving me access to see her state. Eyes closed, mouth slightly agape, her body fully calm. I couldn't help but to fall over again.

"Thank you," I whispered, running a thumb on her cheek. "For giving me a reason to live."

Without her, I'm utterly useless. Hadn't if it because of her, I wouldn't be here. The best I could do to repay her is to stick with my only purpose- to love her and only her. She may have created me for that, but now, I understand why she did.

"Hmm.." She stirred.

"Don't worry, Y/N. I won't be going anywhere." I promised. "Not without you."

"Mm.."

Smiling, I heaved and carried her in my arms. She had her hands on her chest like a child while I marched to our room to tuck her in bed. My, she was heavy. However, it was worth it. It felt like we just had our wedding if I carried her like this.

"Taehyun.." She mumbled.

I gently placed her down. "It's okay. I'm here, Y/N."

She turned her back against me. Sighing, I brought the covers up to her as I laid down on the other side. She was facing me at this point. I was just looking back, watching her breathe. Soft shadows casted from outside rayed on her face. The dimness of the room made her look so serene. Beautiful. Mesmerizing. But I couldn't deny that there was a hint of sadness from the way her brows furrow and arch, as if she was in a bad dream.

"It's okay," I repeated, petting her head. "I'm going nowhere."

In a moment, Y/N opened her eyes. She met my doe ones. For a split second, she blinked, trying to adjust through the darkness. Then, she sat up. I did too.

"Was the movie over..?" She rubbed her eyes.

"It is, I think." Smiled I.