Chapter 23

"Bianca!" I run to her room and I can't see anything from all of the smoke. Then I run upstairs, with some of the upstairs still on fire I carefully go around the parts that aren't caught on fire "Catfish I found her!" I hear a loud noise and look behind me the one part of the ceiling is keeping us upstairs. I carefully lift her up and put her arm around my shoulder. I remember the balcony in the guest room and I bring her onto the guest room balcony. "She isn't breathing!" I look down and they have the firefighters bringing over a ladder to climb up and get her. "Cami jump down we got you" I look down and see the boys standing there with their arms out "I can't" "Cami just trust us and jump" I climb up the side of the balcony and look down "I can't do it" "Cami look at me, you can do this we will catch you" I count to three and jump. The boys luckily catch me and set me down. "How much smoke did you breathe in?" "A lot" "We have her!" I look over and the firefighters are putting Bianca on a stretcher. I run over and hold her hand. "Your gonna be ok" She then looks at me "Take care of Malcolm" my eyes start to get teary and I try to not cry in front of her. A paramedic comes over to me "Follow me, we need to get you checked out"

I follow the paramedic to the fourth ambulance and I sit down. They give me a oxygen mask and put a blanket over me. The boys come walking over "You need to stop being brave and let Catfish or one of us do something" I struggle to talk under the mask "It's my job" "Your job isn't to get yourself almost killed every time" "I know and I won't try to be the hero as much but I can't lose any more people" The boys all sit down on the grass in front of me. Then the paramedic comes back over "We are gonna give you this IV to watch your blood level" "Ok" They stick the needle in my arm and I flinch. "You can get shot and go into a burning building but you can't handle a little needle?" I look over to Will "Smart ass" the boys laugh and then I look to my side and see Johnny walking over with Malcolm. When Malcolm sees me Johnny sets him down and he runs over to me "Cami is my mom gonna be ok?" "Yeah" I give him and Johnny a hug "She is gonna be ok" Johnny then stands up "This is all my fault" "Johnny no it's not" "yeah it is, I was making Malcolm fish sticks and I got angry at my mom and went upstairs, she didn't know they were still in the oven and I forgot" "Johnny it's not your fault" 

The paramedic walks back over "Sorry to interrupt but we needs to see the boys for a couple minutes" "Ok" I look back down to the boys "If she doesn't make it, Johnny will never forgive himself, he puts way too much pressure on himself" "She'll make it" "Hopefully" I reply. Then a man walks up to us "One of the paramedics has confirmed third degree burns and much more she might be in the hospital for at least a month" "Ok" "What should we do with the boys" Before I can say anything Catfish interrupts "They can stay with us until she gets out" "Ok" When the boys walk back over we all get in the car and drive home. "Ok guys here is your home for a little while" "Wow" "Tom will show you guys the guest rooms" Tom and the boys run up the stairs to the front door "Malcolm wait" "What?" "Come here" Malcolm comes back to me "I was able to grab something for you before I came out of the house" "What is it?" I open my bag and get out his iPad "My iPad! Thank you Cami" "Your welcome, now go inside and get ready for bed" "Ok" Catfish comes over to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder "You are so damn hot when you are serious" I look at him and kiss him gently. We walk inside and go upstairs to get ready for bed. 

While we are getting ready for bed Catfish looks at me and smiles. "What?" I ask. "I'm just happy your alive" "I am too" We lay down on the bed and I lay my hand on his chest and look at him. "Goodnight" "Goodnight baby" When it's finally morning I get up and go take a shower. When I'm done I go downstairs and see Santiago making waffles. "You should be a chef" I laugh. "Please" He replies. I hear my phone going off like someone's calling me. I grab my phone out of my back pocket and answer it. "Hello?" "Is this Camila" "Yes" "I need to speak to you about Johnny" I walk away and go to the dining room "Ok, what is it?"