Charlie nodded before leaving the door to walk back to his police cruiser.

Lyra shut the door hastily, rushing to grab her purse and her jacket. She pulled her old leather jacket on before slipping on a pair of combat boots. She set her dads a nervous smile before rushing out the door and hopping into Charlie's cruiser.

***

Lyra glanced around the airport, trying to catch sight of the brunette she was there for. Charlie had shown her a picture of Bella before sending her to find the girl. She weaved her way quickly through the crowd, keeping careful watch for the brunette.

Suddenly, she bumped into someone, causing them to drop their luggage. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" Lyra immediately apologized, stumbling to help them pick up their luggage.

"It's fine." The girl replied awkwardly.

"No, it's not. I should have been more..." Lyra looked up at her to see that it was who she was looking, "careful."

"What?" Bella asked, wondering why the copper-haired girl was staring at her.

"Sorry." Lyra apologized again before smiling brightly, "You're Bella Swan, right?"

"Yeah, how did you-?"

"I'm Lyra." She chirped, "I came with your dad to pick you up."

"Oh."

They stood there in an awkward silence for a few moments before Lyra spoke up, "Come on! He's waiting for us."

***

Lyra gnawed on her lip as she fiddled with the zipper on her jacket. The awkward tension in the car was driving her insane.

"Your hair's longer." Charlie said to Bella.

"I've cut it since last time I saw you."

"Oh, guess it grew out again."

Lyra cringed at how awkward the conversation was. She couldn't take it anymore so she started rambling about the most mundane things just to fill the silence in the car. Both Bella and Charlie were grateful for the girl's actions.

Somehow, Lyra managed to find something to ramble about the rest of the way back to Charlie's house. She finally stopped talking when they were pulling up into the driveway.

The three got out of the car once Charlie had parked. Once Charlie and Bella had gotten Bella's luggage from the trunk, Lyra closed the trunk before they all went into the house. "I cleared some shelves off in the bathroom." Charlie informed his daughter.

"Oh, right. One bathroom." Bella muttered as they entered her bedroom.

"It's a pretty good work lamp." Charlie commented, "Lyra, here, picked out the bed stuff."

"I hope you don't mind." Lyra added with a smile, "You like blue, right?"

"Yeah, blue's cool. Thanks."

"No problem."

The three stood there for a few moments in awkward silence. Lyra began to fiddle with the zipper on her jacket before looking up again as Charlie said, "Okay." He moved to leave the room.

Lyra turned to Bella and asked, "Do you need any help unpacking?"

"Uh, yeah, sure."

Lyra moved to start unpacking a nearby suitcase only to freeze as she hears a honk from outside. She and Bella made their way to the window to glance outside. A smile grew across Lyra's face and she quickly made her way outside.

"Uncle Billy!" She exclaimed as she quickly made her way over to him.

"Lyra." He greeted as the girl hugged him tightly.

Once Lyra had pulled away from Billy, she was pulled into a tight hug by her cousin, "Hey, Jake!" She greeted him as well.

"Ah, the girl of the hour." Billy said, catching Jacob and Lyra's attention. They pulled away from each other to see Bella walking down the driveway towards them.

"Bella, you remember Billy Black?" Charlie asked, pointing at the man in the wheelchair.

"Yeah." Bella agreed as she shook his hand, "You're looking good."

"Still dancing." He joked, causing Lyra to roll her eyes slightly, "I'm glad you're finally here. Charlie, here, hasn't shut up about it since you told him you were coming."

Charlie rolled his eyes, "Alright, keep exaggerating and I'll roll you into the mud."

Billy wheeled around and started to chase after Charlie, "After I ram you in the ankles."

Lyra laughed as she watched her uncle and his best friend start to roughhouse in the middle of the street like children. Bella and Jacob quickly joined the girl in laughter.

Lyra glanced at Bella and Jacob before exclaiming, "Oh, right!" Lyra wrapped her arm around Jacob's shoulder, pulling him down to her height, "Bella, this is my idiot cousin, Jacob."

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Lyra." He told her before pushing her off of him, making her laugh slightly, "Hi, I'm Jacob." Bella nodded, clearly pretending as if she remembered him, "We used to make mud pies when we were little."

"Right. No, I remember." Bella said, "Last time I saw you, you had a broken arm."

Jacob smiled. "That's because this dumbass over here-" He jerked his thumb towards Lyra, "-pushed me out of a tree."

Lyra rolled her eyes, "I still say that you jumped."

Bella glanced towards the two older men, "Are they always like this?"

"It's getting worse with old age." Lyra stated with a small chuckle.

Once Billy and Charlie stopped horsing around like children, Charlie said, "So, what do you think?"

"Of what?"

"Your homecoming present." Charlie motioned toward the faded red truck that he had been leaning on earlier and he looked at Bella expectantly. The truck was old, well worn, and not too flashy, but it looked in good running condition but that it could take a few hits. This was exactly what Bella needed with her luck.

"This?" Bella asked, her face lighting up in excitement as she grabbed the car.

"Just bought it off of Billy here."

"I totally rebuilt the engine for you." Jacob informed the brunette.

Bella started to laugh and get even more excited, "This is perfect! Are you joking me?" Jacob made his way to try to get to the passenger side but Bella ripped open the truck door, catching Jake in the leg as he passed. Jake limped his way to the other side of the truck as Lyra laughed at his pain.

"I told you she'd love it." She heard her uncle say, "I'm down with the kids."

"Oh, yeah, dude. You're the bomb." Charlie replied sarcastically.

"Whatever, you say, Uncle Billy." Lyra said, patting the older man on the shoulder before leaning against the driver's side open window.

"Okay, uh, you've got to double pump the clutch when you shift, but besides that, you should be good." Jacob explained.

"That's this one?" Bella clarified.

"Yeah, right there."

"Do you want a ride to school or something?" Bella asked.

"I go to school on the reservation." Jacob told her.

"And, thank God you do." Lyra said with a smirk, "I don't think I could handle seeing your ugly face five days a week."

Jacob rolled his eyes, "Shut up, Lyra."

"That's too bad. It would've been nice to know one person." Bella muttered.

Lyra pouted, "You know me, Bella."

"Oh, right, I'd almost forgotten." Bella said, sarcastically.

Lyra scoffed, "Rude."