Part 23

She walked to the shore line, she loved the sound of the water.  It was a distraction from reality and she had learned that it was okay to do things like this but it wasn't okay to completely block out her emotions, so she came here when she needed a break.

              She began walking further down the shore when something felt off, she scanned the area since her gut instincts were always right and to her shock she saw an arm laying on the floor.  She ran over since that was her job, to help people, and she crouched down to find a teenage girls cold but breathing body.  "Hey hey hey, stay with me okay? You're gonna be fine, i got you" she said as she checked her pulse and grabbed her radio.  "This is officer Halstead, roll an ambo to navy pier, I've got a young girl bleeding out. Send back up" she said before dispatch responded in approval.  The teenage girl grabbed Lily's arm and looked up to her, she began coughing and gasping for air, "hold on okay? Help is coming" she begged the girl to hold on. 

             Hank, jay and the unit must've heard her call on main since the rolled up to where lily was within 5 minutes.  "Lily?!" Hank shouted out, she stuck her blood covered hand up in the air and waved them over.  The ambulance pulled up and out hopped Mackey and Brett before they grabbed their kits and ran over to the young girl, "how longs she been like this?" Brett asked.  Lily shook her head, "not long, maybe a minute or two" she said before backing up to let the paramedics work.  She walked back over to her team and they questioned her, "are you okay?" Jay said while pointing to the blood on her hands and hoodie, she smiled and nodded, "it's not mine" she sighed before looking back to the young girl.  Hank nodded and began to clear up the situation, "so she was still breathing when you found her?" He asked with a smile.  Lily nodded and explained everything. 

            Once she had given a statement jay took her home to get showered and changed into clean clothes before meeting the unit back at the district.  Once she was done she walked back out into the kitchen to see jay holding her pill that she needed to take, she put in her boots and quickly swallowed it before the brother and sister left to get to work.

            When they joined the team they had already set up a timeline and they were looking through footage and evidence, "Halstead, olinksy stop by at med. she's awake, try get her talking" Hank said to them since lily was the one who found her.

           "Hey, I'm detective Halstead and this is detective olinsky is is okay if we ask you a few questions?" Lily said while standing next to the young girls hospital bed.  The girl looked up at her frightened, she nodded and calmed down a bit.  When they were done with the questions lily reassured the girl, "we're gonna find the men don't worry, your moms on her way. Hang in there" she said with a sincere smile before getting up and leaving with olinsky.

            "Drug mule" lily said as she walked into the bullpen.  Hank nodded and took the notebook with the writing on from Lily's hands.  He wrote it onto the board and the team cracked on with their work.  Once they had found something useful, they suited up and tracked down the guys who did this to the young girl.  "Chicago PD! Stop!" Lily shouted while casing down the guys.  The team followed behind her but she was faster so when she caught up with the fatter guy she tackled him to the floor and arrested him, "get up" she shouted at him before passing him to Hank who dealt with him himself, the Voight way.

            Jay and hailey ran off to chase the second guy down, it wasn't long until they reappeared with the guy in cuffs who Hank also took care of.  "Head out" Hank said which signalled for them to get back to the district, "olinsky, Halstead, you might wanna tell the girl she doesn't need to worry anymore" he said before the partners nodded and left to go to med for the second time that day. 

           "Hey, how're you feeling?" Lily said in a calm tone to the young girl.  She smiled and shrugged her shoulders, "we got the guys who did this, they're locked up for good. You don't need to worry anymore..." lily said while placing a hand on the girls shoulder.  She sighed and pulled herself up to give lily a gentle hug,  lily pulled the young girl into a hug and her mother smiled in happiness.  "Thank you so much, without you my baby would be dead..." the mother said while standing up to give lily a hug.  "No need ma'am, just doing our jobs" lily smiled before leaving the girls alone. 

           They headed back to the district to follow up on paper work, "okay guys see you tomorrow" Hank dismissed them early since they were on call.  They all got up and left, lily felt glad to have been able to help, if she didn't go on that walk the girl would've been dead.  Maybe something good had came out of her feeling down today.