"That's horrible." Taylor said with a sorrowful expression.

(Zach) Everyone sung happy birthday to them and at the end they both blew out their candles. They unwrapped the presents they got saving Christopher's for last. When they got there Rory opened hers first.

"No way!" She exclaimed. Everyone chuckled as she pulled out a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary. "Thanks dad!" She exclaimed again as she hugged her father. He was a little surprised but hugged back.

"You're welcome kiddo."

She sat back down and Zach opened his. His eyes went wide as he held a football that was signed by his favorite player, Tom Brady.

"How?"

"I have my ways" Christopher joked.    

Zach looked up at him. "How'd you know he was my favorite player anyway?"

"A little birdy told me." Christopher smiled.

Zach smiled at his sister then turned to his dad.

"Thanks...dad." Zach said.

"You're welcome kid."

They smiled at each other.

It was around 11pm and everyone started heading out.

"Happy birthday both of you!" Lane exclaimed. The three of them hugged.

"Love you both!" She exclaimed as she headed out.

"Love you too!" Zach and Rory both exclaimed as Lane reached the door. Zach noticed the box in Rory's hand.

"Where'd that come from?" He asked, his brows arched.

"Oh um Jess stopped by and gave it to me."

"What is it?"

"It's a necklace with my initials on it."    

There was a brief silence between the two.

"Cool." Zach smiled. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight." He said before kissing his sister on the cheek

"Goodnight." Rory smiled after him.

<the next day> <3:30pm>

(Zach) Zach walks to Zoey's house and knocks on the door. Zoey answers and a look of guilt rushes over her.

"Zach. Hey! I'm so sorry I didn't make it to your party yesterday." She said as she rubbed her arm.

"It's okay don't worry about it." Zach chuckled.

He grabbed both of her hands and pulled her close to him and kissed her. She kissed back then pulled away with a smirk.   

"Let me make it up to you." She suggested.

She pulled him inside and shut the door then led him upstairs to her room. She shut the door and pushed him onto the bed. She straddles him and he grabs her waist as she kisses him. Just then there was a knock on the door as it opened and Zoey moved swiftly off of Zach. She turned to see her mom standing there with an eyebrow raised.

"Your father and I are about to leave. And what did we say about no closed doors?" Her mom said.

"Right. Sorry."

"We weren't gonna do anything Mrs. Summers." Zach said nervously.

"Uh huh. Well I trust you'll be good while we're gone?" "Yes mom." "Okay. We'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Bye sweetie." "Bye."

Her mom walked out and Zoey sighed.   

"Sorry about that."

"It's not like this is the first time one of your parents have walked in while we were making out." He chuckled.

She sat next to him. "Is something wrong?" He asked, noticing the sudden glum expression on her face.

"No it's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure." She said then kissed his cheek. "Hey how was it with your dad yesterday?" She asked cautiously.

"It wasn't the worst thing ever, but I'd prefer not to talk about it if you don't mind."

Zoey nodded. "Do you want to watch a movie? It might get your mind off of things." She offered.

Zach smiled. "Sure."

(Zach) Zach and Zoey were cuddled up in her bed watching a movie. He noticed Zoey seemed off once again. He grabbed the remote and paused the tv. She turned her head towards him.

"What's going on with you?" He asked.

She shrugged. "Nothing"

"If you don't want to tell me that's fine but don't lie and say that you are. Like I said I'm gonna be here for you so whatever it is-"

"I love you." Zoey interrupted.

Zach was taken aback.

"Sorry was that too soon?"

"No I," He smiled. "I love you too."

She smiled and leaned in and kissed him.

"Hey what time is it?" He asked. Zoey turned towards the bedside table and turned on her phone.

"5:15." She answered.

"I need to head home then."

He shot up from the bed. He started towards the door then suddenly stopped. Then he turned around and dashed towards the bed and leaned over and kissed her. He then pulled away then ran out the door.

Zoey giggled and smiled to herself.

On his way home he spotted Dean and Jess fighting.

"Dammit." Zach mumbled to himself as he ran over to them. Right as he was sure they were about throw hands again, Zach got in between the two. Jess scoffed and shook his head.

"I'm outta here." Jess said and turned to walk away but Zach grabbed him by the wrist. "Hey!" Jess tried to jerk his hand away.

"What the hell is your problem? All you've done since you got here is pick fights with him." Zach said in a stern voice.

"Look, it's not my fault that when I happen to be having a bad day that he's there." Jess said.

"Yeah? And what makes you so angry that you think it's a good idea to punch my best friend in the face?" Zach said. Jess remained silent. "Is it that you couldn't have Rory?"

 "Oh screw you, Gilmore!" Jess exclaimed. "You know not everything revolves around you and your sister. And this has nothing to do with her." He sighed.
"Why am I still talking to you?" Jess breathed and walked back towards the diner.

(Rory) Rory was sitting on the couch. She heard the front door open then shut and Zach walked into the living room. He plopped himself down on the couch next to her and laid his head back so that he was facing the ceiling.

"Bad day?" Rory asked him.

Zach let out a sigh and sat up. "Partly." He told her. "Zoey um," Rory looked at him.   

"Zoey told me she loved me."

Rory smiled. "And?" She further questioned.

There was a pause. "And...I said it back." Rory wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"I proud of you." She told him.

Rory has known how hard it has been for Zach to move on and this was a big step for him.