Savior

Chapter 1

Warning: a little graphic

'Keep Running!' I scream in my mind. I can hear it following me! I need to get away! My legs are in agony and my lungs are on fire. I can't collapse now when I'm so close to getting away. As the village comes into view, I hear a deafening crack. 

I fall to the ground and the adrenaline quickly leaves my body as I am met with a screaming pain at my calf. "AH!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I clutch my bruised and broken leg while trying to pathetically crawl away. 

"You're not going anywhere, kid!" The demon growls as it lunges towards me. I raise my arms to cover my face- but nothing happens. 

"Second Form: Honorable Shadow Plum"

A hushed voice says as I hear a slashing noise and I cautiously open my eyes. The demon's on the ground and slowly disintegrating into dust. "Ah! Are you alright?" The woman says as she reveals herself in front of me. "Y...yes!" I yelp as she picks me up and set me on a boulder. She lifts my calf and and introduces herself. "I'm Kanae Kocho, I'm a doctor and a demon slayer. Your leg is badly broken and you need care immediately". You couldn't really answer as you were nearly unconscious and soon closed your eyes as gentle arms picked you up.

"I'll get you somewhere safe, don't you worry" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your eyes slowly opened to a dimly lit room with medical supplies and herbs lining the walls and tables. the sweet scent of lavender and wisteria hitting your nose. You felt the cotton mattress under you as you look around. Your eyes fall on a shorter girl with very short black and purple hair who was crouching in front of a cabinet, she was very pretty. She wore a uniform you remember Kanae wearing and a purple butterfly clip. The back of her shirt had a large symbol on it that you were still a bit to dazed to read. 

"Oh, you're awake" She groaned as she put the supplies back and stood up before walking over to you and putting her hand on your forehead. "Good, you're not running a fever. Here," She handed you a glass of water. "Take this, it'll help you wake up". You nod and quietly thank her as you chug down the water. "Oi! Slow down, your gonna drown if you drink it to fast!" She yells and you take it a bit slower. You put the now empty glass on the side table and look up at her. "Who are you? And where am I?" You ask. "The name's Shinobu. Your at my mansion and were just trying to make you feel better. Please, introduce yourself and we'll contact your family" She groans in a bord tone- as if she's had to repeat this multiple times. "I'm (name), my family was murdered by a demon so there's no use trying to call anyone". It was a bit hard to say it but you were numb to it, there were no tears left to cry out. Her furrowed brows softened as she grabbed a chair, sitting in it, and gingerly grabbing your hand.

"Listen, I know that your probably having a rough time right now but I'll see what I can do-" Shinobu is interrupted by the door slamming open as Kanae cheerfully skips into the room. "(name)! You're awake!" She cheers as she rushes over to your side. "Shinobu hasn't been to hard on you has she?" She asks, cocking her head to the side. "Oi!" Shinobu protests and you giggle at the two. Shinobu turns her head to the side and pouts. "But, seriously, are you alright?" Kanae asks, grabbing your hands and looking you in the eye. "Y-yeah, I'm alright" You stutter, feeling a bit overloaded. "Good" Kanae is hoisted up by Shinobu. "Hey, Nee-San, I need to talk to you". The shorter of the two drags her sister out of the door and closes it, leaving you to your thoughts.

You take a moment to consume all the information just thrown at you. Your family is dead and you're the lone survivor and they died from being eaten, Kanae saved you and now her and her sister are here to take care of you-.

Your thoughts are interrupted by the door opening. "(Name)! Alright, we've talked a bit and came to a conclusion. You'll stay with us until you fully recover. Then we will find out what to from there, okay?" Kanae asks and you nod. You couldn't help it but a sob escapes your lips and tears stream down your face; You try to cover your face with your hands to keep some dignity. As your trying to calm yourself down, Shinobu wraps her arms around you and pats your back as Kanae puts a hand on your shoulder and she brushes her fingers through your hair all while saying 

"Let it all out dear, your safe with us"