Innocence Lost On the Gamble of Love: Chapter 14

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Ritchie peeved, cautiously peering at the piece of paper in his hand as if it might spontaneously explode. He didn't know Penelope well enough to trust her, but she seemed so sure that nothing could go wrong. If this went awry, not only would he get in trouble, but so would she. Didn't she care? Any penalties done to them this year could cost them senior privileges for crying out loud!

"We've done this before," Penelope gloated, with mischief clouding over her challenging dark brown eyes.

"I don't look like I take AP classes or have the name Penelope," Ritchie seethed, shooting daggers at the brunette as he waved the class schedule in front of her face.

"They only look for a no class, nothing else. And since it's second semester, they know that practically all the seniors have a free period for sixth so they shouldn't think something's up," Liz said, defending Penelope before she could even have the chance of retaliating.

Liz wasn't too thrilled with the prospect of the boys tagging along and accompanying them to go out to eat, but she wanted to support Penelope's relationship. Even if that meant suffering in silence.

"Why did you invite them?" Carina asked, nudging Penelope as the quintet hustled over to the front office.

"I was being nice," she fortified, knowing that being pleasant towards others wasn't one of her strong points.

Penelope spun around and held the guys back before they entered the small building.

"After me," she said. "He never checks mine."

"Why not?" Ritchie waned.

"Because I'm awesome, okay?" she justified in a stressed manner before marching on forward.

One of the assistant principals was guarding the exit way as always. It was the same man, and he let the girls on through after scanning their locator cards except for Penelope who got a smile and passed on through with no questions asked.

Ritchie gasped at the scene. Following suit behind the females, the boys held up their papers when the man held them back. 

He glanced at their bottom classes and said, "Okay, go ahead."

Ritchie's face of disbelief turned into one of what-the-hell-was-that? as his face scrutinized all of his features together. He couldn't believe they had gotten away with it.

This school is stupid, he deliberated to himself.

All Penelope had done was given them her old schedules and they fell for it? How easy could ditching get?

"Wow, can I keep this?" Ritchie asked as the little group exited out the door.

Penelope snatched the paper back as if it were a weapon in Ritchie's hands. "No, what if I  want to take other people off campus?"

"Like, who?" Ritchie deemed while Derrick handed back his coy schedule to his girlfriend.

"Like my friends who are underclassmen."

"Why are you friends with underclassmen?" Ritchie questioned sardonically. He didn't bother interacting with anyone who was a grade below him. Those kids thought they were the shit. Every year, the younger sets of students would get more and more immature.

"Just some juniors and they're nice."

"Sure they are."

Penelope rolled her eyes. She didn't care for the students lower than her class either, but some girls had been nice to her when she had taken Chemistry and Algebra II, and not everyone made it on her good side.