3. Shack

Everything was murky.  Everytime she opened her eyes she saw two faces, a man and a woman.  She couldn't see good enough to recognize either of them.  Was this Heaven?  And if it was, why did she feel so groggy?  Several flashes hit her at once.  A woman and a man, vials, and syringes.  It was enough to send chills up and down her body.  Then suddenly she saw the face of Severus Snape and her eyes popped open wide.

Lucy Dawson tried to sit up, but quickly realized that she couldn't.  She was strapped on to whatever contraption she was laying on.  Feeling beneath her, she could tell she was laying on cotton.  Probably sheets of some kind.  Lucy frowned.  She took a big gulp of air and almost choked.  Something was covering her mouth.  That's when she heard the small hissing sound.  Lucy felt incredibly weak, but she summoned all the strength she could muster and turned herself intangible.  She shot upright so fast that her head spun for a moment.  She placed her hand on her forehead and closed her eyes to try and calm it somehow.  Much to her surprise, it worked.  She took a hold of the object over her mouth and ripped it off.  Her eyes widened and her vision finally came into focus.  She had an oxygen mask in her hand.  She tossed it to the side and hopped to the floor.  She wasn't even trying to be quiet.

Lucy glanced back and saw what she had been laying on.  It was a bed.  A hospital bed.  There were gadgets and wires everywhere.  She patted herself down.  She had a sneaking suspicion that she wasn't going to find her wand and she had a feeling she was going to need it.

The room was dark and small.  Where in the world was she?  Why was she still alive?  She gasped softly as the memory slowly came flooding back to her.  Adam's wand had been pointed at her.  As soon as the words left his mouth, she had turned incorporeal, but she was too weak to hold it for long.  She felt herself starting to black out and she was falling backwards.  Then everything went black.  When she woke up she had been in some sort of metal box and there was hardly any air for her to breath.  She didn't know how much time had passed or where she was exactly, but she got out of there in a hurry.  Only when she saw the pitch black dark and glanced back to see where she was did she see the tombstone.  She had been dead, or at least dormant enough to pass for dead and they had buried her alive.  Weak and in shock, she crawled away, crying out for help as she went.  But no one came.  A tear ran down her cheek.  So how had she gotten here?

She walked over to the table by the bed.  It had several drawers that she could explore.  Surely her wand hadn't gotten far.  She hoped it hadn't anyway.  Of course remembering  those syringes, she highly doubted whoever had her was her friend.  She glanced around nervously before trying to open the first drawer and spotted a door just behind her.  That eased her mind a little.  At least she would be able to get out of there.  It was probably locked, but it didn't matter.  She would go through it if she had to.  She turned her attention back to the drawers and attempted to pull the first one open.  It was locked.

"Great," she muttered.

She took a deep breath and summoned her power again.  She reached through it, keeping the part of her arm inside the wood incorporeal and her hand solid, feeling around inside for something solid.  After several seconds, she found what she was looking for.  She grabbed it and pulled it out with a smile on her face.  Her wand was there.  She kept it out in case she might need it.

Lucy tiptoed toward the door.  She didn't go through right away.  She quietly tried the doorknob first.  Much to her surprise, the door creaked open.  She peeked out to make sure she was alone, then she stepped outside of the door.  She wasn't expecting someone to be there.  Strong arms wrapped around her waist, one of them reaching up to cover her mouth.  She cried out as her wand dropped from her hand and hit the floor, but her cry was muffled.  No one would be able to hear her now.