It would certainly put her mind at ease and hopefully then they could bury the hatchet on this whole ordeal.

"I'm sorry I brought up the captain. I knew it would trigger something in you and I shouldn't have said it." Novia said all in one breath. Eren smiled leaning against his cell wall because even though he couldn't see her, he knew she was blushing.

A lot of the times, they weren't always so different.

"Call it even?" Eren softly spoke through the wall.

Novia sighed a breath of relief.

"We're even."

........

Dawn rose in the blink of an eye and before she knew it, Novia was riding along her comrades outside the walls, ready for the mission.

Captain Levi and Commander Erwin explained their objective clearly; capture two new titans for Hange.

Not too long ago, Hange had two titans under her supervision, Sawney and Bean.

She used them for specific experiments to help the survey corps learn more information about the titans and when they were mysteriously murdered one night, all hope on gaining insight was lost. People were still oblivious to who did it.

Novia felt bad the day Hange lost Sawney and Bean. She knew Hange had a huge fascination over the titans and to have them at her fingertips for scientific use, I'm sure it was like a dream come true for her.

They rode past the forest of the giant trees searching for titans that would be useful and easy to take back with them.

"Captain!" Novia called.

"Oi, What is it Good?" Levi turned his head, he looked so breathtaking when he was in the atmosphere of physical combat. His hands gripped his horse's reins tightly and his black hair flowing softly in the wind.

The way his grey eyes were so focused on the task at hand, they were so cold, yet so mesmerizing at the same time that Novia forgot her question...

"Erehm...nothing." Novia put her head down, her train of thought completely gone.

"Quit wasting my time Novia." Levi called back to her in his usual stern authoritative voice.

"Sorry Capt-" was all Novia got out because the frenzy of giant hands swooping in from left and right made her choke on her words. Titans.

She tried to dodge all the hands that grabbed at her, motioning for her horse to avoid them when she saw her comrade to her left fall off their horse, hitting the ground so hard that he definitely broke something and was unable to get himself up.

Damnit.... she needed to go back and help him even though the number of titans surrounding them were increasing by the second, it was a risky move ...

She went to turn her horse around when Levi called out to her.

"Don't do it Novia!" He yelled with challenging eyes, she didn't want to disobey her captain's orders, but something inside her was prompting her to go, leaving him would guilt her conscious forever.

She ignored Levi's demand and went back anyways, her eyes widened as she saw her comrade in the hands of a titan, about to be eaten.

Novia trembled as she stood on her horse projecting for her ODM to make way in that direction. This was the noble thing to do. She was sure of it. She didn't want more lives to be lost...

"You can do this." She assured herself and took off zipping through the air.

She readyed her blades as she got in vicinity of the titan and sliced off its hand so that it would release him.

Her comrade fell to the ground and he attempted to disentangle himself from the titans now nerveless grip.

She instantly regretted the moment she looked down to see if he stuck the landing because another titan disengaged her grappling hook from the tree and snatched up her body.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, HELP!" She screeched completely immobilised. She didn't even notice there was another titan lurking behind her and for that it would cost her, her life....

From then on, everything became a massive blur.

........

The objective of the mission had ultimately been a success in the end, they captured two more titans for Hange and dragged them back to wall rose.

The downside of it was that there were an exceptional amount of injuries, one fatality...

Novia slowly tried to peel her eyes open, confused on where she was. She wasn't at full consciousness yet when she heard a voice.

"You sure are a pain in my ass you know that?" the voice said. Novia pried her eyes to open all the way and flinched when she saw Levi sitting beside her. They were in one of those wooden carriages.

"What happened?" Novia breathed trying to remember what she did that got her in this position.

"More like, what the fuck didn't happen. What happened was you carelessly made the decision to go single handedly save someone, when I specifically instructed you NOT to Novia..." Levi spat, anger within every word he spoke.

Then all at once it hit Novia, she remembered everything up until the point she was grabbed by the titan.

"How did I get here?" Novia softly probed. She felt a lightning bolt of pain shoot at her head as she went to feel it, a giant bump grazed her fingertips.

"Stop touching your head, you most likely have a concussion." The captain changed the tone of his voice, lowering it just a tad.

"When you were being clutched tightly by that titan, I sliced off its hands and nape so it would release you....but in the process of you trying to escape, you got a firm hit to the head as you landed on the ground."

Levi looked at Novia as if she was an inconvenience to him, why couldn't she just trust his judgement to begin with?

"I felt the need to save him, did I atleast succeed in that?" Novia knew if her comrade was alive every choice she succumbed to would be worth the consequences.

"We can't save everyone Good, be realistic here.. " Levi said harshly, eyes flashing in disdain.

Novia felt the pain behind the captain's words, indicating that even with her efforts her comrade's fate had ended in death.

"Then why did you save me...what makes me worth it? You even said to be before that I wasn't important...even the way your looking at me now makes me wish you left me to die instead." Novia's voice cracking.

She didn't want to have a break down because she always viewed crying as being weak. From day one all she ever tried to do was hide any sign of fragility, lately she hadn't be doing such a great job.

Levi cringed at her words... Novia was always participating in reckless behavior, deliberately ignoring orders, sneaking around, and yet for some reason he still put up with it.

He too didn't understand his own reasoning when it came to Novia. Something inside him wouldn't allow him to go on without her, even if he wanted to.

He kept trying to convince himself Novia was only important for his own personal satisfactions, nothing else... the denial building up inside so much that this ironically made him crave for the same recreations he did when she first came to his office.

Levi had a hint of shame wash with him too, he let his denial trigger a ravenous urgency to "punish" Novia and considering the current subject matter, it was most definitely an inappropriate and abrupt way to feel.

However his shame didn't overpower his hunger at all.

"Don't worry about the choices I decide to make....what you should be worrying about is all the things I'm going to make you pay from your self-righteous decisions..."

.......

Levi went from 0-100 real fuckin' quick teehee

xoxoxoxoxxoo