A Clear Mind

Sonya's POV:

I just feel happy with Belle. Like, I don't know how to explain it, but she makes me happy.

I don't know if I've ever really been happy before. I was in that cursed maze for years.

Not once have I felt like this. I feel an urge to protect her. And to keep her from this gally kid who seems to have a past with her.

And the sex, my god. I've had sex with girls from my maze before, but with someone I really care about, it's just better.

Annabelle's POV:

We join back with the group.

"Where were you guys? You've been gone for a while." asks Gally.

"Sorry we had to do something, but Belle here just took a lot longer to finish than I did." Sonya responds for us, smirking at me.

I give her a light glare, but then Gally looks over to me and I smile at him.

Sonya and I start training, hand to hand.

We get into position.

"What do you think happened to the others?" I ask, while she aims a punch towards me, but I dodge it.

"Do you think they got away from WICKED?" I ask, throwing a jab at her stomach, but missing, as she retreats just enough to be close enough to retaliate.

"Do you think their safe now, do you think they found the safe haven?" I asked further, messily attacking her.

"I think..." she instantly gets me on the ground with a drop sweep. "...that you are stressing yourself out. Stop worrying. You need your mind in the fight, or it's not a fight. It's self-slaughter".

"I know. I know. You're right. I just," she gives me her hand and pulls me up. "I really hope that they're ok. And it's hard not knowing."

"I can understand that. When Right Arm saved me and Harriet from the maze, I was worried sick for everyone that we left behind back there.

But when you're out there—" she points to outside the walls of the city. "—you gotta have a clear head. You have to be focused. People depend on you to use that,"

she points at my head. "to control this" she puts her hands onto my shoulders, referring to my body.

"When you're in danger— when your team is in danger, the only thing that matters is the fight. And the only thing that matters is winning."

As she speaks, are faces get closer and closer, and then she leans in.

Sonya's POV:

I lean in, lulled by those luscious lips. But instead of my expectations of sparks and happiness, I feel a pain on my legs, and suddenly I'm on the ground and she's on top of me.

"I guess I win huh." she teases.

"I guess you do" I chuckle.

"Maybe you should've been more focused, Sonya" she says, mockingly.

"Nice fight Belle!" Gally yells at her, coming our way. Where'd he come from?

"Thanks Gally" she responds, giving off that beautiful smile.

"Gally, huh?" He asks.

"Ok thanks Gal. Didn't know you were so fond of the nickname." she giggles.

She walks off to get water or something, I assume.

"Hey. Sonya is it?" he asks. I nod.

"When you fight, you gotta be more clear headed." he tells me.

Well that's ironic, considering I just told Belle that.

"Yeah no shit. That's pretty common sense" I respond, not liking him treating me like someone who doesn't know jack about fighting.

"Look. I see what's going on with Belle, and how you look at her. Hell, you just got put on your ass because you tried to kiss her mid-fight." he says. Oh so he was watching for a while. Creep.

"Look, now's not the time for relationships that go beyond friendship. Whatever you think you got going on with her, don't pursue it." he tells me, before turning around to walk away.

"It's not my problem that you're so fucking jealous." I spit back at him.

"Excuse me?" he asks, turning back.

"You heard me. I saw that look on your face when you first saw her again. And when you got her to call you by your nickname or whatever. Why don't you just leave us alone, you creep?"

He comes up to me and pushes me back. "Don't talk to me like that, bitch. I'm just looking out for the group. You're distracted, and you're distracting Belle"

"You're just upset that I can 'distract her' better than you ever could"

He swings at me in anger, but I use his own strength and impulsiveness against him, and he ends up on the floor.

He groans. "You bitch"

"Hmm. Looks like I could still easily beat you. Clearly my mind is completely un-distracted. That or you're just easy to beat."

He glares at me and gets back up, ready to come at me again. Ugh just accept that you lost buddy.

Belle comes running up to us, just as Gally's about the attack.

"Gally? What the fuck?! What is going on?"

He backs off. "Nothing, Belle. We were just training"

"Then why'd you look so pissed?"

"Maybe 'cause I put him on his ass" I say. She giggles at me, earning me a glare from Gally.

He scoffs. "Anyways, hand to hand combat is just a warm up. It's unlikely that any guards in that building are gonna be unarmed, especially after what you guys pulled" gally says, referring to our escape.

"You gotta learn how to disarm someone quickly and efficiently. Now if they got a knife, you're screwed. The device itself is what hurts you, so trying to get it out of someone's hand, isn't the best idea. But luckily, the people in that building pride themselves in being high tech, so expect large guns.

Guns are easier to get away from someone. You only need to get close enough without getting shot to at least grab onto the barrel. Then there's no way you get shot. Here's a demo..."

He looks around for someone to help.

"Annabelle. Can you come demonstrate?" he asks, smirking.

Of course he picked her. Why am I not surprised?

"Uhh sure" she replies, hesitantly.

He passes her a hand gun.

"Now I want you to try to shoot me" he says. Her eyes go wide. "Like actually try to. Don't worry, you won't be able to hit me." he says, smugly.

She slowly nods and then quickly loads it.

She quickly points it up at him and fires, but just before she fires, he grabs the gun by the side and dodges the bullet by moving to the side.

He then uses his other hand to grab the stock and twist it out of her hand. And then he points the gun back at her. All in the matter of seconds.

"Woah" she says, with wide eyes.

Damn it why does the guy that I hate have to be actually kind of impressive. 

"And that was just a handgun. The guns they use in there are way bigger and harder use and control, meaning there's more surface area for you to be able to grab onto without getting shot, and you have more time in order to do so.

But their guns are more powerful, so you're gonna need bigger movements to avoid getting hit and it would be ideal to surprisingly disarm them.

Alright now, get to work. Don't actually shoot though. We can't waste bullets. This technique is for when we run out of them. And trust me, we will"