Chapter 12

When Megan arrives at Med, she walks up to Dr Charles' office and hesitantly knocks.

'Come in.' She hears. She walks in and closes the door behind her. 'Megan, what can I do for you?' Dr Charles asks.

'Whatever I say is confidential, right?' Megan asks.

'Unless you're planning to harm yourself or someone else or you're in danger, yes.' Dr Charles nods.

'I need to ask you a few questions.' Megan states.

'Okay.' Dr Charles nods, motioning to one of the chairs.

'I'll stand.' Megan shakes her head. 'Otherwise, I won't be able to stop moving.' She adds. 'Hypothetically, what would happen if a student and a teacher were in a "relationship"?'

'Going by those air quotes, I'm going to need more context.' Dr Charles replies.

'Like the teacher was threatening to fail to the student and do stuff to them if they didn't do what they were told.' Megan says.

'If you're talking about what I think you're talking about,' Dr Charles states. 'It's statutory rape. The teacher would lose their job and most likely be arrested. Nothing would really happen with the student.'

'What if the student was willing a couple of time? Not to sex but to kissing, touching. Like they didn't push the teacher away?' Megan paces around the room.

'It's still statutory rape.' Dr Charles responds. 'Regardless of whether the student gave consent. What are the ins and outs of this hypothetical relationship?'

'Hypothetically?' Megan makes sure and Dr Charles nods. 'When this student first met the teacher, the teacher - he started making lustful looks towards the student. After a few weeks, he approached her and threatened to fail her if she didn't have sex with him. The student was already getting A's in everything and if she had a fail on her record, she'd need to go through tutoring as per school policy. That tutoring cost extra money and her parents couldn't afford it so she went through with it, thinking it was only one time but it wasn't.' She walks over to the window and looks out of it. 'When the student left the school for a new school she thought it was all over but it wasn't all over. He followed suit and got a job at her new school.'

'Oh, Megan.' Dr Charles sighs, confirming his suspicions that she was talking about herself.

'Final question,' Megan begins, turning back to face Dr Charles, 'hypothetically, what if said student was pregnant?' She finishes. 

'Megan,' Dr Charles sighs sympathetically, 'does anyone else know?' Megan walks over to the desk and sits down in the chair.

'He may have made some threats to kill me if I told anyone.' Megan tells him. 'You're the first person I've told.' She sees the look on Dr Charles' face. 'You're going to have to bring in PD aren't you?' 

'That's up to you.' Dr Charles states. 'However, I will have to put this in your file and speak to the school governor.'

'No.' Megan shakes her head standing up. 'I shouldn't have done this. I should go.' Before Dr Charles can stop her or say anything else, she's out the door. 

.

When Megan arrives home, she finds Antonio waiting at the door. Antonio and Sylvie have been seeing each other again for a little over a week. 

'Hey,' Megan smiles slightly, 'have you been waiting long?' 

'Just got here.' Antonio smiles back. Megan opens the door and they both walk in, Megan closing the door behind them. 'I just wanted to come and check on you. You looked really upset when you left the district.'