Chapter 2: That's What Hive Was Going to Say (Part 1)

Comincia dall'inizio

connorfig: Going to assume the shadow over the town was essentially the Shadow In The Warp thing the Tyranids have? You assume correctly, I felt it was a good way to adapt the Shadow In The Warp into the HP Universe.

Darkscythe Drake: Has Harry completely lost all reason as a Tyranid? You'll find out.

Author's Note: Firstly, I'm not dead! I understand that many people have probably been wondering, and in answer to the few questions I've had on this subject; no, neither of my stories have been abandoned. The next chapter for Lethal Injection should be forthcoming sometime reasonably soon after the publication of this chapter, and I hope to eventually regain a monthly updating schedule. How well that works out with university and life, in general, remains to be seen, but that's the hope at least.

I was originally planning on making an announcement about how my mother is dying of brain cancer and I spend almost all of my time taking care of her, but she actually passed away while I was writing this so that's no longer applicable. As a result, once I've had time to get my life back together, this story and Lethal Injection should both be on at least a somewhat regular updating schedule.

Also, special shout-outs to SkylerHollow and gbbz for reviewing both Tyrant Rising, and Lethal Injection, and thank you to everyone who reviewed chapter one. I really appreciate the support.

Finally, I have something important to say about Bellatrix: she is NOT a good example of feminism, in this story or in canon. This is deliberate and is due to her character, beliefs, and background. The views she expresses, particularly about men and women and how the two should interact in society are not supposed to be correct or appropriate. I'm saying this because Bellatrix is going to be an important part of this story (to be honest, if I show you something from an individual's perspective, that individual is going to be a fixture). I know I probably didn't need to go out of my way to explain that Bellatrix Fucking Lestrange is not a good role model, but I thought it'd be best to be safe and hopefully prevent anyone from writing a furious review thinking I'm a chauvinistic misogynist pig because of her portrayal.

If you read my portrayal of a different (non-extremely fucked up) female character and conclude from that that I'm a chauvinistic misogynist pig, then please do write in furiously and tell me because I am trying to make all my characters believable people instead of having a few well defined male characters and an array of 2-dimensional female cardboard cutouts who are defined only by their interactions with the male characters.

IMPORTANT: I will be posting a poll on my profile regarding the length of chapters. Personally, when I'm reading fanfiction, I enjoy having long chapters to dig into, but my wonderful Beta suggested that chapters would be more digestible if they were shorter. This would also allow me to publish more frequently. Meaning I would post something about a quarter or so the length of the current chapters every other week or so, instead of posting chapters of this size every other month or so. If you have a preference, please vote!

Disclaimer: I own neither Harry Potter nor Warhammer.

30 Seconds After Swarmlord Arrival,

2011

Lambstead Town Square,

Lancashire