Prologue

A hushed calm surrounded the area. Locals walked along the sidewalks, going to and from work - cars rolling on the streets of Endrit, unknowing the danger that surrounded them.

A lavender haired girl sat outside of a coffee shop; sipping her latte as she read through a magazine. Her vivid violet eyes scanned the pages rapidly as she waited. She was supposed to be meeting someone there, however they were ten minutes late. Though she didn't mind the wait - it gave her time to relax, something she didn't do much. Not that her job allowed her to, but that was a whole other situation all together.

Another ten minutes passed by before a blond haired male walked up to the table, panting heavily as he leaned against one of the metal chairs. The female raised her head up, a deadpan expression on her face. "You're late," she stated bluntly as she took a sip from her mug, making the blond male in question wince at her tone.

"I know, I'm sorry Lieutenant Mason," he bowed his head shamefully as he took his seat in front of her, "I had a scuffle with some vamps to take care of and it made me a bit late," he explained shortly, hoping that would get him out of any trouble that he might have to face.

Lieutenant Mason hummed, taking that as an answer while she closed the magazine she had been reading. All trivial stuff she didn't really need to know, but boredom had never been her friend. "You do know why you are here, correct?" She asked, not commenting on the vampire thing. Vampires had been turning up more and more and it was becoming a problem for them to deal with, on top of everything else they had to do.

The male furrowed his eyebrows. "Because of the vampire situation, sir?" He stated as a question, wincing at how his voice sounded so unsure. He knew that was the main reason why he was there, at any rate.

She just chuckled at his answer, amusement showing on her face for a split second before she schooled her features. "Yes, to an extent," she agreed, making the male frown at the answer he received. What did she mean by that? Was he not there because of the vampire problem? "There's more at work here than just the vamps, though they are making this more difficult than it needs to be..." She clucked at the edge of her mouth in irritation. "How much do you know about the Enforcer Grimoire?" She asked, resting her chin in the palm of her right hand as she gave him an expectant look.

"It's a Grimoire full of powerful spells for the Shadow Enforcers," he nodded his head, obviously knowing what that was. After you reached a certain rank, you were privileged to know it's existence - as it was also your responsibility to make sure that it was protected. If in the wrong hands it could be disastrous for the entire world. "Did something happen?" He inquired, dread filling in the pit of his stomach.

Lieutenant pursed her lips at the question, sighing as she sat up straighter in her chair. Her face became hard and he knew this would not be good news. "It was stolen," she answered gruffly, not at all happy about the events that transpired.

"Stolen?!" He demanded, not at all liking what that implied.

"Yes, stolen," she stated with a roll of her eyes. "That is why I called you here, Gefen. I need your help." With a flick of her wrist a black squared object showed up in her hands. With a couple touches in certain places, a Hologram showed up from the device. She typed something into the Hologram quickly and a map showed up in front of them, zoning into a certain part of the map. "This is Talon," she circled an area on the map, making Gefen nod his head. He knew where Talon was. It was one of the biggest cities in all of Kalon. Basically Kalon's capital. He's never been there though - never had a job there until now. "There's something happening there. Something big. A new organization is forming, and it'll be the end of everything around us if we do not stop them before they form."

"You think they have the Grimoire." He didn't ask it as a question, stated it as a fact. That would cause trouble for everyone, and that was not something they needed. Not when they were already watching out for a growing organization that could destroy everything they sought out to protect.

"I don't think," she stated sharply, making Gefen wince at the tone she was giving. He understood where she was coming from, that Grimoire would be detrimental in the wrong hands. Anything could happen, and none of it good. "I am fairly certain that they have it, and it is our job to get it back." She left no option to cop out. Not that he would, he was a Shadow Enforcer dammit. He wasn't about to let everything they strived to protect be destroyed.

With a determined look, he answered her unspoken question. "What do you need me to do?" For if they didn't do something, everything they've been trained for would be done in vain. Not just that, but the whole entire world could be impacted.

The world could be destroyed in one fell swoop, and he wasn't about to let that happen. In his honor as a Shadow Enforcer, he would get that Grimoire back if it was the last thing he did.