Chapter 4 [Friend Like Me]

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, they're new. Why do you speak like that?" finally Y/N spoke again after he was done folding the piece of paper into an... aeroplane? Well, neither of the three really knew what that was, Y/N learned to do this from Kongo-sensei and he was putting his countless hours of practice into work today, "You speak like the only thing that cares about you is you yourself."

Y/N stood up and finally his paper aeroplane with a few good strokes to make it extra rigid, "Tell you what, how about we change that?"

Cinnabar and Phos both raised an eyebrow at what Y/N was trying to say, but instead of answering he threw the paper aeroplane at Cinnabar. The paper construct flew rather flawlessly even in the slight winds present in the area before it bounced off of Cinnabar's forehead. As Cinnabar bent down to pick up the paper aeroplane Y/N gave Phos a thumbs up which confused her even more. Upon unfolding the plane Cinnabar stopped moving altogether which only served to confused Phosphophyllite further, but when she wanted to ask Y/N what was on the paper he just put a finger to his mouth, signing to her to be quiet.

"You always say that you want to be alone, well, tough luck, I'm not letting you be alone anymore. Hey Phos, guess what?" Phos stuttered for a second before recollecting herself.

"Um, what?" asked Phos, incredulously confused.

"You got yourself another assistant," Phos, much like Cinnabar just stood there, frozen. 

Meanwhile, on the paper in Cinnabar's hands was something scribbled on in surprisingly bad handwriting that could only be recognized as Y/N's, on the paper was a crudely drawn picture of chibi Y/N, Cinnabar and Phos with the big title FRIENDS above them. There also appeared to be a sentence written on the bottom of the picture, "Wanna be friends?"

Cinnabar almost snorted were she not so shocked by the simple yet completely unexpected and bold strategy Y/N just used against her, she almost didn't notice the small text written under the already small text she read previously, "PS: You are not allowed to say no."

"A blade of grass is capable of recognising that you are lonely, and because you appear to be so versed in navigating these parts I thought it would be a good idea to ask for thy help, you're not allowed to say no," Phos nearly fell to the ground at the abrupt and stoic message at the end of Y/N's sentence, "Hey Shinsha, how long are you going to look at that? I know the picture's horrid and all but is it that bad?"

"...Yes," finally, after a few good seconds Cinnabar replied, Y/N arched an eyebrow though. What did she say yes to?

"Yes, what? Is the drawing bad or-"

"Just... yes," Cinnabar's reply just made Y/N blink before he shrugged, meanwhile, Phos was looking rather confused, again, her head was desperately trying to figure out what in the lustrous fuck just happened, "But... you said you'll find me a job that only I can do, and that it will be fun."

"Yes, I did, this is step one, step two involves finding and step three is profit," Y/N's casual explanation made Cinnabar sweatdrop a little before a small smile spread across her lips, she then folded the piece of paper she received from Y/N and put it in her pocket.

"I'm still not coming back to school," Cinnabar's statement was logical, after all, just because she was with Y/N and Phosphophyllite now didn't mean her poison magically disappeared. But, at least, she didn't have to be all alone now. 

Y/N then handed their newest addition to the team a bunch of blank papers and his pen, "You are going to need these. Also, mind if I try something?"

Cinnabar quirked up an eyebrow while Phos felt a little bit left out of the conversation so she just returned to sketching some pictures on her clipboard while trying to ignore the conversation between the two red-haired individuals.