That's when it hit her. If everything was back to normal, everything would be normal. If she died, she might not be brought back to life like all the other times. She could actually die.

She sighed shakily. Hopefully, it'd be different. Her past deaths were based off really silly accidents where the chances of them happening were close to a 0. When Rarity and Applejack had met up for one of the first times, a street light had fallen on top of them. Another one of their deaths was caused by a gas leak. These situations weren't very common — the world had just been doing everything in its power to kill them.

Hopefully, death wasn't chasing her down every corner this time.

This was confusing. Applejack didn't know what to make of it, so slowly, she continued the rest of the day.

She reached over to turn on the light, her room quickly being eliminated by the sudden brightness. She changed out of her clothes and into flannel and ripped jeans. She made her way into the bathroom across the hallway.

Applejack soon found herself staring at her reflection deep in her thoughts. She eventually came to an agreement with herself. If she only had one try to do everything without it being repeated, she wanted to make the most out of it.

She put her hair up in a messy bun, which was followed by her splashing water onto her face. Taking in the reflection one last time, she couldn't help but smile. Rarity's plan actually worked.

Rarity.

And as soon as her name came to mind, a new set of adrenaline coursed through her veins. Applejack's heart suddenly beating a hundred times per second. Rarity's beautiful diamond eyes, her perfectly curled hair. How she seemed to be perfectly dressed for any occasion.

Applejack needed to see her.

Stepping out of the bathroom, AJ looked at Applebloom's room knowing that she had to wake her up.

She sighed happily, which was followed by her knocking on the door lightly. As soon as AJ opened it, a warm fuzzy feeling filled her. It was silly, she hadn't realized how much she had missed such a small action.

"Sugar cube, it's time to wake up," Applejack spoke.

Applebloom groaned and rolled over. "I hate Mondays."

"Something about today is different than all the other Mondays. I just feel it."

"Whatever you say sis," she mumbled, burying her face in her pillow.

Applejack lightly shut the door, starting down the stairs, focusing on each of the family portraits that decorated the walls she stood next to. One of the first things she noticed was the lack of her parents in any of them. With 'seeing Rarity' as her top priority, she mentally added 'make Granny Smith hang up their old photos' to her list.

Speaking of Granny Smith - once she finally made it to the bottom of the stairs she turned to look for her familiar rocking chair. And there she sat, staring at the beautiful sunrise.

"Good mornin' Granny."

Granny averted her gaze to see Applejack, she tugged the sides of her mouth smiling. "Awe, look at you. So much like your mother."

Instead of confusion taking over Applejack, like Granny probably expected, she simply just smiled. "Thank you."

Granny gave Applejack a strange look, and she couldn't blame her. Every single mention of her mother Applejack turned away at, leaving everyone with unexplained guilt.

Granny Smith dismissed the idea, continuing the conversation. "It's her birthday today."

"I know. And I miss her a lot, Granny."