''We were lucky because before he entered the bathroom he turned his head both ways and that's how we saw who it was. It was Diego Gonzalez,'' I clenched my fists and jaw as he spoke his name.

''Anything else?'' he shook his head. ''After he shot her, he ran out of the bathroom and then to the parking lot where he got into his car and drove off. We tried to find him by the license plate that he had on the car but that car was registered by a guy named Joe Lane,'' I slammed my fist into the wall in frustration and anger.

''Find him but don't kill him,'' he nodded and walked away.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called my brother Xander. He picked up immediately.

''Is she okay?'' from the sound of his voice, I could tell he was worried. Before I could answer, I heard how someone mumbled something and grabbed the phone.

''Mi Hijo,(My son) how is she? Did the doctor say anything?'' my mother rambled into the phone.

''I don't know yet. They're still operating on her,'' I sighed as I paced around the hallway.

My mother began praying in Spanish which she does every time.

''Did Dad call you?'' I heard Xander ask. I furrowed my brows at his question. ''No, why?''

He began mumbling curse words and my mother told him to stop in Spanish. I was confused as to why my father should call me. He never calls except if he needs me to do his dirty work.

Silence stretched into the phone which made me impatient. ''Why, Xander?'' I asked again.

He sighed. ''Once he heard the news about Micaela, he began yelling about how he would lose the Latin American Mafia,'' I closed my eyes and took a deep breath while my brother explained the situation to me.

I knew Dante never cared for Mikayla and I knew he never had any good intentions with her but to be this heartless is shocking even to me.

''I will call him,'' I hung up and failed his number.

''You better are calling me to tell me that she is alive,'' I clenched my phone in my hand as I heard him talk in that harsh tone.

I didn't say anything as I let him curse me out.

''Listen, Alec, I'm done. Javier sent one of his men to kill her and you're next. I will not risk that so I'm going to take the offer that Javier gave me and you will not interfere with this offer. Do you understand me? Once she's out of that surgery room, I want her sent off to Javier,'' he yelled into my ear.

''I asked you if you understand, son?'' he repeated but I hung up.

I was about to go back into the waiting room to inform the guys about the situation but was stopped when I heard someone call my name. I turned to look who it was and saw the doctor walking out of the surgery room with her surgery clothes still on.

''Mr. Garcia,'' she stopped in front of me and sighed.

''Is she okay?'' I asked with widened eyes.

A long pregnant silence surrounded us which was torturing me. Never in my life have I thought I would get scared but I am.

I'm scared.

''She's okay. She barely survived with all the blood loss but we managed to keep her stable,'' she explained and while she did, all the worries that were on my shoulders fell off.

I finally could breathe.

''Can I see her?'' she nodded. ''She was brought to room 114 but-'' once she said the number, I ran off o her room. I couldn't wait to see her. I didn't even bother to inform the guys about her but I knew the doc would do that for me.

After a long search, I found her room, and I went in.

My heart broke when I saw her laying on that bed with all the tubes connected to her body that were her only life support.

When I got closer to her bed I saw her. Her once so tan skin was now pale white. She lost the redness on her face.

She looked dead.

Grabbing her hand, I sat down and brought it to my lips where I placed a tender kiss on it.

''I don't know if you can hear me but I wanted to tell you that I miss you and that I want you back. Please don't leave me,'' I mumbled against her hand while staring at her face.

I stood up again and moved closer to her until my lips made contact with her forehead.
''I love you,'' I whispered knowing she can hear me.

''He will pay for what he did to you,''

Vote & Comment🖤
Hi guys! I'm really sorry for not updating for the last two weeks. I had my last week of work last week and was working every single day. But now I'm off and I have more time to write.

This Chapter kinda sucks and it's short but the next few Chapters will be longer.
I hope you guys aren't mad at me.

Stay safe & healthy.❤️