Prompt 19: Home(1)

Requested by my fav girl: @Behnazbordiwala

Prompt in the media. Credits to its owner.
Also, given the fact that this is a work of fiction, if the facts given in the imagine are incorrect, I apologize.
__________

She had been longing for home and it wasn't a place, it was a person. She had been stationed overseas and every time she came home, it was to a person. Captain F/N L/N had been posted overseas for over 2 years and it was finally time.

Life as a commissioned officer had always been a challenge, although wars and head on combats were usually rare where she was deployed, leading her company into combat was not her only job. It included but wasn't limited to planning, maintaining discipline and so on. Being one of the few females in the post made it a bit more arduous, but she loved challenges and took it in her stride until everyone there respected her for her resilience and 'never take no for an answer' attitude. She commanded respect.

Far more the best thing was the fact that she had not been grazed by a bullet this time around, for the last time she had when she was a second lieutenant and deployed at an active combat zone, Harry had lost his mind as she told him what had happened over a phone call and he demanded she come back home that day itself. Of course, he had cooled down and had just asked her to be more careful.

But now, a few more hours and she'd be meeting Harry. She knew he wouldn't be there to pick her when she arrived but she most definitely wanted to run up to him the second she reached her apartment and hug him, a really, really long one at that.

As soon as they reached, they took off for briefings. She also had a session with her counsellor but that was at a later date.

5 hours later she stepped into her apartment. It was as she had left it. Not a thing had been misplaced and even if things were used, they were placed in their correct places. This habit saved her a lot of time and it had been creeping up on Harry as well. The apartment smelled of chocolate chip pancakes with Nutella by its side and without a doubt the wonderful aroma was coming from the kitchen.

She put her bags on the floor next to the sofa and strode towards the kitchen, standing at the door.

There stood a figure humming lightly to songs streaming from the radio, flipping pancakes and putting them on a plate adding to the heap of freshly made ones.

2 years it had been, seeing him in person. She sprinted towards him and hugged him from behind, her hand snaked around his torso and leaned her head over his shoulder, catching him of guard. He let out a shrill cry and turned around to see the love of his life smiling at his antic. He grinned and hugged her back tightly so as to never let her go again.

"I've missed you so much!" She said muffling her cries against his shoulder while he kissed the top of her head and nuzzled onto it.
"I missed you, a lot. I don't think I can express how I missed my missus." He reverted and held her in a firmer grip than before.

She was finally home.