I could tell. I could feel him. There was no need for him to tell me, and really, I wish he wouldn't have. But of course, he had to point it out, and I knew there was no avoiding having to "take care of him" since as he would say, "it was my fault". I made sure not to shiver in repulsion this time and hoped I would just throw up soon instead, hopefully making his arousal go away.

"I missed you," the sincerity in his tone was alarming. I knew his feelings for me were genuine, however, he never, not once, made me feel like it. So I wasn't sure where this was coming from and whether I should be afraid because his "affection" would lead to something much worse than usual.

However, I couldn't do or say what I really wanted, so instead I reciprocated his words how I knew he wanted me to, "I missed you too,"

"What were you up to while I was gone?" he questioned curiously, making the knots in my stomach tighten as the only thing I could think about was Lisa and how we spent all our days cuddling, exchanging soft kisses, basking in each other's presence as if Chanyeol didn't even matter.

"Uh, I went to the museum," I said instead, making him hum in question.

"Oh, really? How was it?"

"It was great. I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, it's quite famous around here. They had a lot of cool paintings and artifacts, even the Tomb of Perneb in the Egyptian section. It was really awesome. But other than that, I was mostly bored," I chuckled nervously, hoping he wouldn't pry for more.

"Did Michael take you?" he asked instead, and I only nodded my head.

Desperately wanting to change the subject, not wanting him to ask more about how I spend my days in the arms of another woman, I spoke, "What about you? How is everything in Korea? I take it, you took care of everything?"

My question made him groan in annoyance but he answered nevertheless, "As I've said before, Hwayoung is completely incompetent. I don't know what I was thinking to leave him in charge. I fired him right away when I arrived. That's why I spent so much time away from you, which I'm sorry for, by the way. You know how hard it is to fire someone in top positions and then find a replacement on such short notice. I would've left Ashley in charge but she has to take over YG for me so that was out of the question. But now everything seems to be okay. I appointed Hyunsuk the new CEO, and he seems to know what he's doing, so I hope I won't have to fly over again,"

"I bet it was really exhausting, taking care of everything with the limited time you had," I tried to sympathize.

"You have no idea. But it's all okay now that I'm with my family again," his hand rubbed circles into my baby bump and I wanted to swat it away instantly.

"What are your plans for today? You said you had to go to work, but I thought you were leaving Ashley in charge now that you've come back?"

"I am," he confirmed, "But I have to show her the ropes. I mean, she knows what to do; she's trained for this, but still, I have to take care of some things before she can take over for me. Introduce her in the office, and all that. It's not as easy as it seems, really. I can't just drop her off," he chuckled.

"So will you now only work in the US branch for PCY's?"

"After Ashley is settled in, yes. I'll only come to check up on her sometimes or come over if she needs me, but other than that, it will be in her hands completely and I'll focus on the law firm," I said nothing seeing as I could tell he was contemplating something before he continued, "Would you like to join me later? When I go back to PCY's?"

"I would actually rather not," I said honestly, hoping I wouldn't somehow spark his anger, "It's just that with the baby, I'd rather relax. I mean, my ankles are all swollen, and it's hard to move,"