*43*

"Beg."

As Graham leads me to the dance floor, the music changes to an upbeat song by Lorcan d'Eath, a famous twenty-nine-year-old half-vampire who makes a living off of making teenage witches swoon

I laugh and cringe at the same time when it comes on, recognizing it as his famous love song: 'Necks to You.' At least it isn't one of his slower, soppy love songs, but rather a fast-paced and cheesy one that boasts about his dream girl's perfect neck and sweet blood.  Graham pulls me up against him while we dance. I can't help but notice how different dancing with him is compared to dancing with Draco.

With Graham, his motions are a bit stiff and choppy. They're thankfully and surprisingly on beat, but it's like he's being a Beater rather than a regular teenager at a party. His movements are strong and too purposeful, like he's trying to hit a Bludger at Oliver Wood rather than carelessly wave his arms in the air when Lorcan sings, "Arms up, necks out!"

Dancing with Draco - well, it makes sense why he's a Seeker. Seekers require agility, fluidness, the ability to blend in with the wind, move as fast as the world around them but slow down quickly enough before they go crashing. It's almost surprising how well he knows how to move his body. I remember dancing with him at Beer Notes, and even when he wouldn't move his hands off of my hips, his body moved against mine naturally. His muscles were loose, his hips were fluid, and he was the living embodiment of sex on the dance floor.

I let my arms rest over Graham's shoulders while his rough hands smooth their way up and down my sides, awkward with the way they grip me. Sometimes his touch on my hips is too hard, but sometimes his fingers at my waist are too soft. I ignore it, though, just throwing my head back and letting my hips move however they want.

I straighten my head and look over his shoulder when he tugs me in a little closer to see Daphne and Blaise dancing way too erotically for public view. Blaise sees me and grins while running his hands through Daphne's blonde silky hair.  My eyes then dart over to see Theo and Luna press close together as well, Luna's pale cheeks alight with a light excitement. I then see Draco and Pansy; he looks like he's in his element. I don't think I see him so calm and careless as when he's dancing, not even when he's high or drunk.

His hips move perfectly to the music, his movements neither side big it's embarrassing nor so small that he looks insecure. It strikes me that he's probably just as good at classical forms of dancing. I grew up required to take ballroom classes so I don't embarrass my parents at events, and he probably did too.  Draco makes eye contact with me as he runs a hand through his white locks. His eyes are dark and heavy, an ashy shade like embers burn behind them rather than the typically icy color that makes me wonder if his eyes are really blue or grey.

I'd genuinely be jealous of the fact he's dancing 'with' Pansy, and honestly I sort of am, but right now it doesn't matter. I'm doing the same; I'm dancing with Graham, and Draco is dancing with Pansy. Either way, it's not like Draco and I are dating, but I can't help but feel like I have the right to be jealous of this view.