BURNING LUNGS, DYING GIRL

Start from the beginning

"You're psychotic," she shouts.

"And you're wasting your breath. Sweet dreams, baby. I'll see you in hell," he smirks, walking back to the dance.

"Somebody please find me."

___

"Alright I helped you, now where the hell is Carson?" Stiles shouts.

"Despite what you may think Stiles, I am not the bad guy here," Peter responds as if he hasn't killed a number of people.

"You turn into a giant monster with red eyes and fangs, and you're not the bad guy here?"

"I like you, Stiles. Since you've helped me, I'm going to give you something in return. Do you want the bite?"

"What?"

"Do you want the bite? If it doesn't kill you-- and it could-- you'll become like us."

"What I want is for you to tell me where my friend is!"

"That first night in the woods, I took Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you. You'd be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger, and quicker, more popular, watching him get the girl... You'd be equals. Maybe more."

"Do you really think that girl wants a skinny defenseless boy for a boyfriend? You take the bite and you're everything she wants. You don't have to be the guy she cries to after a break up anymore, she'll be all yours."

"I don't wanna be like you."

"Do you know what I heard just then? Your heart beating slightly faster over the words "I don't want." You may believe that you're telling me the truth, but you are lying to yourself."

"Oh, I almost forgot. You can always tell how beautiful a girl is when she's underwater. And let me tell you, I've never seen anyone sink as gracefully as Carson Rivera," Peter taunts before walking away. Stiles immediately hops into a sprint, trying to call the police.

"Hello? There is a girl drowning at the Beacon Hills High School pool. Please hurry, please," he runs to the school.

"We're on our way."

____

Carson was a distinguished swimmer. But even the strongest swimmer can only hold their breath for so long. She felt herself trying to swim up, but her head was pounding and she was met with the barrier of glass. She keeps banging on it, lungs on fire and heart full of fear. Until eventually, she lets the water fill her lungs, nearly stopping her heart. Stiles gets there just as she sinks closer to the bottom, pushing the button to remove the glass, and pulling her out of the water.

"Come on Carson, wake up," he gives her mouth to mouth, pumping her chest in between.

"You can't die on me. Please."

She looked so lifeless, he thought he'd pass out right there. It was wrong. Carson always had this brightness about her, when she walked in a room she lit it up, when she walked in your life, she made it happier. Right now was the first time that seeing her made his heart hurt.

This wasn't supposed to happen, she was supposed to be okay, she was the one person, the one person he couldn't lose.

The paramedics arrive 5 minutes later, met with a brunette girl with a barely there pulse. They load her onto the stretcher, speeding to the hospital as a man tries to give her CPR. He shocks her several times, getting a pulse strong enough to keep her alive but not to wake her up.

They barge in, and immediately the Sheriff yells at Stiles for letting Lydia get hurt. He then notices the familiar teenager being wheeled off to a room as well.

"Stiles, please tell me that's not your other date," he sighs. "What the hell happened?"

"Is she dead?" the boy chooses to ignore him, running to the paramedic.

"Almost, now move!" he yells, and Stiles starts tearing up.

"Carson stay with me, alright?" he touches her wrist, getting shocked by her bracelet.

"I really need her to stay alive," he looks at the paramedics.

"Yeah, so do we."

Enough time passes by for Stiles to talk to his dad and for Carson to get set up in a room before a piercing scream sounds through the hospital. Lydia's scream.

He runs out, immediately getting grabbed by Dr. Rivera, better known as Carson's dad.

"What did you do to my daughter?"

"Drew, stop," her mom follows, tears running down her cheeks.

"I didn't do anything I swear, she left the dance and I didn't see her again, until I found her in the pool," he cries.

"Drew leave him alone, Carson wouldn't want this," she grabs his arm, forcefully removing his hands from Stiles suit.

"This is your fault. She was your date, so was Lydia. And now Lydia's in a coma and Carson's dead," the man walks away.

"I'm sorry," Stiles attempts to tell the woman in front of him, but she just holds up a hand.

"Not right now, Stiles."

____

After the events at the hospital, Stiles and Jackson get swept into drama with the Argents, which leads them all to the preserve.

The debacle with the alpha ends and Stiles finally tells Scott and Allison what happened.

"Carson she's, um, she's gone," he tears up again.

"No, no it was only Lydia! And she was just hurt. Carson's fine. She's probably judging me for my outfit right now, she can't be dead," Allison starts crying.

"What? Stiles she was just at the dance, she has to be alive," Scott tears up as well.

"Peter killed he-" he gets a phone call with the ID Gina Rivera, and winces in preparation for what she had to say.

"Hello? Mrs. Rivera I am so sorry-"

"She's alive. Stiles she got a pulse!"

"What?"

"Just get to the hospital, bring Scott and Allison," she hangs up.

"Her heart started," he looks at the pair in disbelief.

"What time did you say she died?" Allison asks.

"Time of death was 11:29."

"Stiles, it's 11:48," Allison checks her phone. 

"Wait but get this: Lydia screamed at the exact same time her heart stopped," Stiles starts walking them out of the woods.

"What the hell is she?"

____________

author's note: season one is done!! to be clear: tyler is a werewolf and is supposed to be Peter's son. he is not the desert wolf's son, and his entire agenda was getting close to scott through carson.

edit: #9 IN THE STILES STILINSKI TAG?? THAT'S INSANE