New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /12/

Start from the beginning

Shuffling could be heard on the other end, as the door opened. A woman with long dark hair and matching eyes answered, and immediately her eyes narrowed. She had extremely pale skin, but was nonetheless stunning. She was tall and thin, and I would definitely say she could be a model.

"What on earth are you two doing here?" I was surprised when she spoke with a British accent. Her eyes moved from Caleb to Nick, then finally rested on me. "And who are you?" Her voice sounded rather harsh.

I gulped, as Caleb spoke up. "Amy, I know we didn't end things on the greatest terms, but I could really use your help."

A laugh escaped her lips. "Greatest terms? Caleb if I remember correctly you left in the middle of the night five years ago, without so much as a goodbye. So why would I even consider helping you?"

"Because I can make it worth your while." He stated, as he matched her intense gaze. She appeared caught off guard by this, and so was I. What did he mean by that? How would he "make it worth her while?"

She shuffled. "I'm listening." She replied, as she stepped aside. We all filed inside her house, Nick and I lingering behind.

I walked beside Nick. "Who exactly is she?" I whispered, as Caleb and Amelia walked ahead.

Nick sighed. "Amy's his ex. They dated a while back, and she got a little more attached then he was. So needless to say, they still have some unfinished business to deal with."

I frowned slightly. "Were they ever...serious?"

Nick smirked ever so slightly. "Well, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that someone is jealous." He teased lightly, and I felt myself blush.

"What? N-no! I am not jealous! That's stupid Nick." I answered quickly, and he began to chuckle.

"I wasn't talking about you Melinda, I was talking about Caleb. It's obvious that he was earlier tonight, what with you making out with Jace."

My jaw dropped as he said this. "We were not making out! All we did was kiss, and it wasn't even my fault! I didn't kiss him, he kissed me!" I exclaimed quickly, my voice getting high.

My reaction seemed to amuse Nick. "You know, you kind of squeak when you get defensive." He chuckled, and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't worry Melinda, it's adorable."

I rolled my eyes. "Nick, shut up. I don't even want to have this conversation with you. And come to think of it, it's really none of your guys' business. Why do you seem to care so much? Obviously Caleb does, but you two just need to stop."

Nick raised an eyebrow. "Oh come on Melinda, why do you think he cares?" He paused. "Oh, I know, because he likes you. Obviously."

My throat grew dry as he said this. "What? No. Caleb does not like me Nick. That's ridiculous to even think. I mean, why would he like me when he has Amelia." I retorted slightly icily. "Anyways, can we please just drop this?"

Nick stared at me intently for a few moments, and shook his head. "Sure, I don't want you getting sassy. I hate when women do that." I scoffed, which caused him to laugh.

I felt a pair of eyes, and looked over and saw Amelia gazing silently at me, a questioning expression on her face. "So it's you?" She spoke up, as she moved towards me.

I met her gaze, feeling confused. "Excuse me?"

"You're the one everyone's talking about. You do realize that if Jace finds out she's here, we're dead and she's gone. We won't be able to stop him. And it sounds to me like he's going to be pissed off. Why in the bloody hell would you shoot him?"