She carefully placed the sweater over James' head and pulled the shirt over his stomach as he slipped his arms into the sleeves, casually grazing his toned abs while doing so. The feeling of her skin on his sent both James and Elsie into a flurry of feelings, a red undertone forming on their cheeks.

After his shirt was completely on, Elsie raised her hands up to fix his crooked glasses with a chuckle. She was about to bring her hands down from his face when he brought his hands up and placed them on top of hers, holding them in place on his cheeks.

"Thank you, Els," James whispered to her with a small smile as they locked eyes, "For checking up on me."

"Of course, Jamesie," she smiled up at him, not daring to look away from his eyes, "I'll always check on you, even when you're old and have your own kids to check up on."

James laughed while playfully rolling his eyes, before the smiles on both of their faces was replaced with a mixture of emotions. He was still holding her hands into place on his cheeks, slightly intertwining their fingers while doing so. James didn't want to let go, not one bit. He wanted to stay in this moment forever, never forgetting the way Elsie's touch felt. And, Elsie refused to slip her hands away from him, not knowing the next time they would be able to enjoy an intimate moment like this. It was almost as if letting go of each other was like they were saying goodbye...saying goodbye to the unspoken feelings they both had for their best friend, and that was something neither of them wanted to do.

But just like that, Elsie pulled her hands away from the boy in front of her. As much as she loved James, she couldn't let her heart break anymore. It was time for Elsie Figg to say goodbye to James Potter.

Both friends noticed how heavy and intimate that moment was, and both felt how draining and empty letting go of each other felt. So, with a sad smile Elsie wished James good luck and walked out of his room, not daring to look back at her best friend. It's time to let go...

James watched Elsie walk out of the room, not knowing why his heart felt like it was caving in on itself while doing so. He suddenly felt cold and completely void of all happiness, as if when Elsie left she took the sun with her. Something felt different, something felt completely and utterly wrong to James. What the fuck just happened?

So, as Elsie headed to Hogsmeade with Peter and Remus, James made his way there with Lily and a sinking feeling in his chest. When they got there, James and Lily met up with Sirius, Marlene, Alice, and Frank for a triple date at the Three Broomsticks. The group of 6 talked, drank, and enjoyed each other's company for a while before they all parted ways. Marlene and Alice decided to head back to the castle as Frank went to talk with some other friends, leaving Sirius alone with James and Lily.

Sirius placed his hands behind his head while putting his feet up on the chair across from his, smirking at the couple sitting next to him, "So, what are we going to do?"

"We," James rolled his eyes playfully and used his finger to gesture between him and Lily, "are going to try and continue our date."

"Fine by me," Sirius said with a smug expression, not moving from his spot.

"He means without you, git," Lily snorted while crossing her arms over her chest.

Sirius jokingly clasped the part of his chest that was over his heart and gasped, "I thought we had something really special here, Evans."

Lily rolled her eyes and chuckled at the joking boy, "Never in a million years."

"Hey, that's what you said about Prongs over here," Sirius smirked while pointing at James, "And now look where you two are."