Running Free

(Sonic's POV)

The next morning, I was at the Speed Gravity area to compete against Jet since he's been so impatient to have a rematch. Only this time, I'm doing this race without my hoverboard. He knows I have super speed, literally. But there's no way he can match against my speed.

"Don't get so cocky, speedster! I fly like a bird that are fast flyers!" Jet said, getting ready for the countdown.

"You may be fast like a bird but I am fast as the wind." I said, stretching my legs and hopping up and down to get the blood flowing.

"This time I'll win for sure!" Jet said.

"Jet, life is not a competition! Everyone is all equal and you know that. So, don't always think you're better than anyone." I said, slightly annoyed that he can't let go of trying so hard to be on top of everyone else.

"We shall see this time. I am not gonna be second best." Jet scoffs.

"You can't beat anyone that is the best, Jet." I criticized him as the countdown begins.

"3....2....1....GO!!!" The alarm was set off and we both speeded off.

I ran beside Jet in the tracks as he stood up on his hover board. "My speed can travel through space and time and I see things very slow in my perspective!" I laughed and passed by him.

"DAMN YOU!!!" He flipped out and increased his board's speed.

Oh shit. If he goes way too fast, he'll get hurt for sure. I gotta stop him. "YEEEEEHAWWWW!!!" He glides on the tracks.

"Jet, stop! You'll get hurt!" I yelled at him to stop.

"This is my race, I get to-...WOAAAAH!" He fell off the board not paying attention to the tracks.

I went lightspeed to try to save him from hurting himself. He was gonna land on the side of the track with a head concussion but with my speed, I saved him in time and I ran to the goal placing him down. He looked confused to what just happened because I went too fast.

"I warned you Jet." I told him.

"Hmph! You're so out of racing! There's no point challenging you." Jet replied in anger.

"Hey I saved your life!" I shouted at him.

"That's my problem, not yours!" Jet argued back.

"Jet, winning doesn't make a person win, it's about having fun. You can't always prove yourself to win all the time." I said, I just hate it when he doesn't mature enough.

"Right." He left in a huff.

Damn it he's so insensitive with himself. I don't like it when a person is insensitive to themselves. I left him alone and sped around in the city in my lightspeed to see everything going slightly slow in my perspective.

I have so much more to say

But I live in slow motion

From moment to moment, hey

Holding back from day to day

The clock's ticking slowly

But time cannot hold me down

I find myself in the rhythm of my feet

Feel it in my heartbeat

The time is now, and I won't hold back, hold back

I stepped aside from one citizen dropping cards and then I ran down a street, seeing a truck going slowly I grinned excitement and jumped over it. I came to a stop and saw some people like an alien boy's ice cream about to fall off. A biker about to get cupcakes onto his face from a girl tripping over as well a red-haired girl with a blue vest about to get soda onto herself from another girl.