Bathing Interrupted

Lian's POV

It's night time and I decided I needed a bath. Mulan agreed saying she needed one also. We go to a lake with our horses, Mushu and Cri-kee. "Hey, this is not a good idea. What if somebody sees you both?" Mushu asks us.

"Just because we look like a men, doesn't mean we have to smell like them" Mulan tells him.

"Besides the men even say we stink" I add.

"So a couple guys don't rinse out their socks and say you're stinky. Picky, picky, picky. Myself, I kinda like that corn-chip smell" Mushu states. Mulan and I jump into the lake submerging ourselves completely before resurfacing. Starting to scrub our arms.

"Okay, all right, alright, that's enough. Now c'mon, get out before you both get all pruney and stuff" Mushu tells us.

"Mushu, if you're so worried, go stand watch" I tell him.

"What she said" Mulan states agreeing with me. Mushu walks back over to the horses and Cri-kee muttering to himself. Mulan and I ignore him as we continue to clean ourselves. I have moved onto my hair. "So you know about my father, what's yours like?" she asks me.

"He's very frank about somethings and always gives credit where credit is due. He takes some things a little to seriously. He cares for everyone and is fearless in the face of death" I tell her.

"Then why isn't he here?" she asks me confused. Before I can us we hear men approaching. Mulan looks at the shore while I dive into the water heading for the large rock.

"Hey, Ping!" Yao shouts as I surface behind the rock. Mulan looks at me and I shrug giving her a sheepishly smile.

"Oh, hi, guys, I didn't know you were here. I was just washing so now I'm clean and I'm gonna go. Bye-bye" she says and heads towards me.

"Come back here! I know we were jerks to you before, so let's start over. Hi, I'm Ling" Ling says shaking her.

"Hey Haru is here to" Chien Po says startling me. "I'm Chien Po" he states as Mulan and I go back to back. How are we going to get out of this?

"Hello Chien Po" Mulan and I say.

"And I am Yao, King of the Rock! And there's nothing you girls can do about it" Yao says while standing on the big rock. Mulan and I avert our eyes. I never want to see a naked man. Unless it's my future husband or Sha... I shake the thought away before I even finish it fighting back a blush on my cheeks.

"Oh yeah? Well, I think Ping and I can take you!" Ling says bumping Mulan's shoulder.

"I really don't want to take him anywhere" Mulan tells him as we try to leave. 

"But, Ping! We have to fight!" Ling exclaims.

"No, we don't" she tells him.

"We could just close our eyes, and ... swim around" I suggest.

"C'mon! Don't be such a girls" Ling says grabbing Mulan's arm pulling her back towards the rock. "Ow! Something bit me!" he yells rubbing his butt letting go of Mulan. Suddenly Mushu surfaces in between Ling and Mulan.

"What a nasty flavor" Mushu says.

"Snake!" Ling yells. He, Yao and Chien Po climb onto the rock. Mulan and I whistle to our horses. They race into the water neighing. We grab our towels from their backs and wrap them around ourselves.

"Boy, that was close" Mulan says.

"Yes it was" I state as I ring my hair out as we head back to our tent.

"No, that was vile. You both owe me big!" Mushu tells us.

"I never want to see a naked man again" Mulan states.

"Agreed" I say. Suddenly a herd of naked men then flash by. We look at Mushu.

"Don't look at me, I ain't bitin' no more butts" he tells us. We return to our tents. I change and join Mulan in her tent.

She tells me Mushu and Cri-kee left to explore camp. Then grumbles about our interrupted bath. "At least we're cleaner then before" I state as we ate dinner.

"Yes, but next time can we avoid naked men?" she asks me.

"Maybe we should do it early in the morning. Men hate getting up before dawn" I tell her.

"Sounds good" she states. "Anyway you didn't answer my question earlier about your father. Why isn't he here?" she asks me curious.

"It's a big secret, bigger then us not being men. Can you keep it?" I ask her quietly.

"Of course" she states.

"My father is the emperor, I am the oldest of his four daughters. Princess Lian" I state and she looks at me shocked. "Please don't freak out" I plead.

"So that's why he's not here" she says.

"Yes, but he's such a hypocrite. He demanded one man from every family should fight to defend China. But would not fight himself" I tell her. "I felt like it was my duty to represent my family in this fight. As well as to protect my younger sisters. I'm just glad I'm not the only girl in this" I state.

"I too am glad you are here and I won't tell anyone" she assures me. "I to have a younger sister, I wished to protect her also. She'll be meeting the match maker soon" she states.

"My sisters would of already meet the match maker by now. I was suppose to be there also to find my match. But I'm glad I wasn't, I want to find love" I tell her.

"Same and my session with the match makers was a disaster" she tells me. She tells me and story and I laugh. We finish our dinner and I return to my tent. Calling it a night. Not knowing that we would be going to war tomorrow.