Wu Shu Camp

Haru's (aka Lian) POV

"So how do you want to do this?" I ask Mulan as we stand behind a tent.

"Time to show them your man-walk" Mushu states before Mulan can answer. "Shoulders back, chest high, feet apart, head up, and strut" he instructs. Mulan struts weirdly into camp as I walk in like I own the place. "Two three, break that bone, two, three, and work it" he cheers and I roll my eyes at him.

We enter a tent to see one man trimming his toes and another picking his nose. I had no idea men could be so disgusting when they thought women weren't present. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Mushu asks us.

"They're disgusting" Mulan mutters.

"Agreed" I mutter as I decide to look ahead ignoring my surroundings.

"No, they're men. And you're gonna have to act just like them, so pay attention" Mushu tells us.

"I am never going to pick my nose" I tell him firmly as we exit the tent. To see three men. One tall thin one, one short angry looking one and another showing them a tattoo on his torso.

"Look! This tattoo will protect me from harm!" he brags. The angry one punches him in the gut. Hurting him.

"I hope you can get your money back!" the tall one says laughing at the man. I walk over and offer my hand to the man. He takes it and I help him up.

"You alright man?" I ask him in my man voice.

"Yeah, just winded" he grumbles and walks away. I turn to see Mulan slap the angry man's butt and gasp. What was she thinking?

The man grabs the collar of her shirt looking furious. "I'm gonna hit you so hard, it'll make your ancestors dizzy" he sneers. Suddenly a tall fat guy picks him up before he can punch Mulan. As I appear at her side.

"Yao, relax and chant with me" he tells him. The man groans. "Nanuami tofu dah" he chants.

"Nonuamitofudah" Yao grumbles.

"Feel better?" the man asks as he puts Yao down.

"Yeah. Ah, you ain't worth my time. Chicken boy" Yao tells Mulan and I go to lead her away.

"Chicken boy!? Say that to my face, you limp noodle!" Mushu yells at him. Yao growls thinking it was Mulan. Grabs her by the collar again and goes to hit her. But she ducks the punch and he hits a tall skinny man instead three times.

"Oh, sorry Ling" Yao says sheepishly as Mulan tries to sneak away.

"You're dead!" Ling yells and kicks him into the tall fat guy. Yao and Ling start fighting. With the fat man swiping to get them off.

"Get out of here" I tell Mulan firmly pushing her in the opposite direction.

"Hey! There he goes!" Ling shouts and they chase after Mulan. Knocking me to the ground. I groan as I get up rubbing my arm. I hear a loud crash and race to see all the soldiers on the ground. Along with a pot of rice. Everyone gets up and advances on Mulan.

"Whoa guy!" I yell trying to diffuse the tension. But they ignore me and start to fight each other. I lose sight of Mulan and groan. Praying she is alright.

Chen Honghui's POV

I sit by my second cousin newly promoted Captain Li Shang. As his father the general briefs us on the current where abouts of the Huns. My name is Chen Honghui, but everyone calls me Honghui. I'm a trainee palace guard. When the call for war went our, I signed up immediately. I wasn't usually allowed in on such important meetings. But being related to the General and Captain has it's perks.

"The Huns have struck here, here, and here. I will take the main troops up to the Tung Chow Pass and stop Shan Yu before he destroys this village" the general explains.

"Excellent strategy, sir! I do love surprises" Chi Fu says.

"You will stay and train the new recruits. When Chi Fu believes you're ready, you will join us ... Captain" the general tells Li Shang.

"Oh! This is an enormous responsibility, General! Perhaps a soldier with more experience?" Chi Fu asks.

"My cousin was number one in his class, extensive knowledge of training techniques. He also comes from an impressive military lineage" I tells him hotly.

"I believe Li Shang will do an excellent job" the Gerenal adds.

"Oh I will! I won't let you down" Shang assures him.

"Very good, then. We'll toast China's victory at the Imperial City. I'll expect a full report in three weeks" the general tells us.

"Believe me, I won't leave anything out" Chi Fu assures him. The General wishes us good luck and we wish him good luck. He left with his war party.

"Captain Li Shang. Leader of China's finest troops. No, the greatest troops of all time" Shang says smiling. I chuckle and we exit the tent with Chi Fu. To see the men fighting each other and grains of rice everywhere.

Haru's (aka Lian's) POV

Suddenly the Captain calls for everyones attention and they stop fighting. They part to reveal a cowering unharmed Mulan in the middle and all point at her. "He started it!" they accuse.

"While that maybe true, it wasn't his fault sir" I tell him as I step forward. To stand beside Mulan. "You see sir, he's an idiot" I state as Mulan gets up.

"I don't need anyone causing trouble in my camp" the captain states.

"Sorry you had to see that. But you know what it is when you get those manly urges ... just gotta kill something" Mulan says in her manly voice.

"What are your names?" the guard asks us.

"I am Haru" I say handing the captain my scroll. Mulan mumbles a few names under her breath. Making the captain angry.

"It's Ping, my name is Ping" Mulan announces.

"Let me see your conscription notice" the captain says and Mulan hands him her scroll. "Fa Zhou? THE Fa Zhou?" he asks shocked. I look at Mulan surprised, I did not know she was the daughter of a war hero.

"I didn't know Fa Zhou had a son" the guard states.

"Er, he ... doesn't talk about me much" Mulan states and tries to spit. But fails miserably.

"I can see why. The boy's an absolute lunatic. Like Haru said" Chi Fu states. Technically I called her an idiot. But anything that prevents her from being punished.

"Okay, gentlemen. Thanks to your new friend Ping, you'll spend tonight picking up every single grain of rice. And tomorrow, the real work begins" the captain tells us. "Haru you will be in charge of Ping, keep him out of trouble" he tells me.

"Yes sir, captain" I say. I join Mulan and help her.

"You know, we have to work on your people skills" Mushu mumbles.

"You need to zip your lip" I tell him in a harsh whisper. Mulan and I work in silence. Once all the rice was picked up. We go set up our tents beside each other where we left our horses. Before calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Chen Honghui and Li Shang. Picture on the external link of Chein Po, Yao and Ling.