1

Jimin curled into a ball on his bed, pulling a pillow and his blanket into his chest to hug. He could feel his eyes getting heavy, but he refused to let them close until he was here, he would stay awake until then.

"Hey." Namjoon called making Yoongi look up, "I think he's ready to sleep." He continued nodding his head to one of the many screens in front of him.

Yoongi nodded and got up leaving Joon alone.

Jimin shuffled on the bed when he heard the door open.

"I won't..." He started but stopped when he saw Yoongi stood there before him.

Jimin gave him a small smile.

"Ready?" He asked.

Jimin shook his head as he always did and hugged the blanket and pillow tighter.

Yoongi sat on the edge of Jimin's bed and took his hand lacing their fingers together.

"Can I have the pillow?" Yoongi asked without much hope. He asked the same questions every night and he could predict the answers with how long he had been looking after him.

"Ok but let me cover you with the blanket." Yoongi said as he tugged the blanket from Jimin's grip. It had taken him 6 months for Jimin to let the blanket go but it wasn't going far and as Yoongi observed most nights it ended back in Jimin's arms bundled with the pillow.

Yoongi let go of Jimin's hand and spread the blanket over his body, careful not to cover his feet, Jimin's aversion that he didn't explain.

"Ok?"

Jimin nodded slowly, blinking tiredly up at Yoongi.

"Let's sleep then."

Yoongi stood up and watched as Jimin made grabby hands towards him, keeping his elbows buried into the pillow at his chest.

"Every night." Yoongi chuckled as he sat back down and laid beside Jimin, turning on his side and facing him. No matter how many times Yoongi and Jimin went through this routine Jimin always thought Yoongi was leaving him at that point.

With Yoongi laid on his right side he took Jimin's left hand in his and tangled their fingers together again, a small smile showed on Jimin's face as his eyes dropped closed.

Yoongi watched as Jimin's face relaxed, his features smoothing out. Yoongi counted to 3 in his head and smiled when he felt Jimin's legs tangle with his.

It wasn't the "proper" way to look after someone like Jimin but when every other facility had given up on being able to help, Jimin had ended up on their doorstep.

Jimin loved physical contact, craved it, and if that's what it took to help him sleep then that was what he got.

Jimin's grasp on Yoongi's hand loosened a little but Yoongi wasn't fooled, if he tried to pull away from Jimin now all hell would break loose so Yoongi lay still and let sleep take Jimin in deeper.

"He claims he can see when people will die. His first vision was of a group of teenagers dying. When he heard the news story, he lost it, I mean it's understandable really you don't expect to dream of people dying just for it come true." Namjoon had briefed Yoongi the day after Jimin had arrived.

"He refuses drugs as treatment, so he doesn't sleep, which is why everyone else has palmed him off on us."

"You think he will respond to me?" Yoongi asked.

"I think he will like your version of therapy." Namjoon replied, "He has admitted he likes skinship, likes to feel safe."

It had taken a week for Yoongi to fine tune Jimin's nighttime routine.

Jimin had been a little distrustful at first and thought Yoongi was going to fill him with drugs once he was asleep.

"I'm not mad you know." Jimin had whispered to Yoongi one night when Yoongi had thought Jimin was asleep.

"I didn't say you were."

"No, but I bet you thought it. Everyone does when they know what I can do."

"I'm just here to help you sleep." Yoongi said quietly.

"You're not a doctor."

"No, but do you need a doctor to help you sleep with drugs or do you want me to keep helping you?"

It was true Yoongi wasn't medically trained not in the same way as Namjoon and the other doctors here. Some might see Yoongi's ways as "hippie crap" but for some patients it worked better than drugs.

"No! No drugs!"

"Ok. So, let's sleep, shall we?"

Jimin had nodded and said nothing more.

Yoongi had been called after Jimin's first night. To say it hadn't gone well had been an understatement. As soon as Jimin saw the syringe he had gone off the rails, they had managed to get the sleeping drugs into him after an hour of Jimin kicking off.

Namjoon had been friends with Yoongi for over 10 years and knew what Yoongi specialised in, so he had called Yoongi to see if he could help.

6 months later and this is where Yoongi was every night for at least half an hour, helping Jimin get off to sleep.

Yoongi wasn't a miracle worker, Jimin still had his visions but because he slept so well and so deeply, he didn't remember most of them. It made for a calmer Jimin.

Jimin had calmed so significantly that Yoongi knew they were planning on discharging him soon. Yoongi wasn't confident on how well Jimin would cope with being "out there".

Yoongi was drawn out his thoughts as he heard Jimin snuffle and pull the pillow tighter, if that possible. Yoongi knew he would be able to detangle himself from Jimin and leave him. Yoongi couldn't go home though there was always a possibility that Jimin would wake. On those occasions Yoongi had to make excuses as to why he had left Jimin.

Yoongi always made sure to go back to Jimin before he woke in the morning so there was the illusion of Yoongi having stayed all night.

Yoongi untangled his fingers from Jimin's and slowly pulled his legs away as well.

When Jimin didn't even move Yoongi slowly sat up and headed to the door.

He turned and looked at Jimin sleeping peacefully, he looked cute curled up with his cheeks smooched up pushing at his eyes making them look even smaller. Jimin's pastel pink hair fanned out around his head like a little pink halo. Jimin shifted slightly and pulled his knees up closer to his chest, it amazed Yoongi the positions Jimin could get himself into, asleep and awake.

Yoongi wasn't going to admit it to anyone but he was going to miss Jimin when he left.